Chapter 2

"Connor" I hear a voice say, "Connn" it repeats.

I open my eyes and see a pair of blue eyes in front of me. I gasp and quickly pull my head back, hitting it on the headboard in the process.

Tyler bursts out laughing from the other side of the room and I grip my head where I just hit it.

"Are you okay?" Troye asks concerned, "I didn't mean to scare you".

I feel my face get hot and I say, "yeah, I'm fine".

Troye nods and slowly goes to the dresser. He digs out some clothes, looks at me again and walks to the bathroom. I hear water running and figure he's taking a shower.

"Well that was graceful" Tyler says after a few seconds, "how IS your head by the way?".

"Like you even care, you burst out laughing" I say.

"Because the first thing you do is gasp loudly and hit your head on the bed frame. Not even slowly waking up from hearing your name called and groaning 'five more minutes' like a normal human" he says and I try not to give him the satisfaction of making me laugh.

"Hey, he scared me. I don't usually wake up in the morning with a face in front of me" I say.

"Whatever, when he gets out go take a shower and then meet us downstairs for breakfast. The hotel is having a buffet for Youtubers" Tyler informs me and I nod.

After Troye is out of the bathroom I go in and take a shower. I take a semi-quick one and brush my teeth.

When I am done I go into the room in a towel and see Troye sitting on our bed, doing something on his phone.

"Oh!" I say out loud and feel really awkward and self-conscience now. Troye turns his head and looks at me.

"I'm sorry, I was getting a headache so I came back up here" he says and stands up. "I'll let you get dressed...see you down there".

He gets up and leaves with no more words. I quickly get dressed, incase he or Tyler decides to come back. I style my hair and put on cologne.

As I walk down to the lobby I see Ricky and Shelby.

"Hey Con Da Bon" Ricky says.

"Hey, what's up Rick Rad?".

"We're going down to the pool, you should join us" Shelby says.

"Sorry, I just took a shower and I'm going to the buffet for food. I may come down later" I say and she says okay.

"So who is staying in your room?" Ricky asks.

"Um, Tyler and Troye" I say and hope Ricky doesn't say anything about how ironic that is. I know Shelby won't judge me but I don't know her as well as Ricky.

He looks at me and smiles, "Cool. I'll see you later okay?".

"Okay" I say and make it to the buffet.

When I get there I see Troye and Tyler at one of the tables. I grab a plate full of food and join them, sitting next to Troye.

"Nice of you to finally join us" Tyler says.

I don't say anything and just eat my mountain of food. Alfie, Caspar, Zoe and Louise join us a few minutes later.

"Hey guys" Caspar says and we all hug and greet each other.

----------

After we are all done with breakfast I go with Tyler, Caspar and Troye to the panel rooms and help the people running it.

We set up all the chairs and tables. Tyler and Troye are putting up posters while Caspar and I are setting up microphones.

"Hey Caspar?" I ask when we are almost done, "can I tell you something?".

"Sure".

"I trust you not to tell anyone else but...I'm gay" I say to him.

"Really?" he asks looking at me. He stops what he's doing and sets the microphone down, "woah, this is big news, congratulations!".

"Thanks" I say and give him a hug. We finish working and join up with Troye and Tyler.

"Do you guys want to go to the pool and just chill?" Caspar asks.

"Sure, we just have to get our stuff from the room and we'll meet you down there" Tyler says.

----------

The three of us go back up to the room, grab the things we need for swimming and head down to the pool.

When we get down there we change in the bathroom and get ourselves a locker.

We make our way to the pool and I see Ricky and Shelby tanning. Caspar is already in the water with a bunch of the "British Crew".

We swim for a while. I tell a few more people about being gay, and then we get out. We take our chairs and put them in the sun. As I lay out, I tan and just embrace the warmth.

This is the best part of California; the perfect weather 24/7. After an hour, I tell everyone I'm going back up to the room to edit a video and Troye and Tyler come with me.

As soon as we get back I change and wash my hair out in the bathroom sink. I make a mess and try to clean it up the best I can.

"Don't go in the bathroom for a while; I got water all over the floor" I say walking to my bed.

"Nice job" Tyler says sarcastically and I get my laptop out. I edit the videos for a long time and by the time I am done it is 6. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

"Hey, are you guys-" I stop talking when I realize I am alone in the room. I sigh and text Tyler.

C: Where are you guys?
Ty: Chipotle
C: WHAT! Why didn't you tell me! 😒
Ty: I did, but you were too busy to answer 😐
C: Can you get me something please? I will pay you back, I promise.
Ty: Okay, we just got our food. I will see you in about 45 minutes ☺️

In the meantime I go down to Ricky's room and knock on his door.

"Oh hey Connor" he says and motions for me to come in.

"Hey, are you alone right now?" I ask, not going in the room just yet.

"Um, Jc and Shelby are in here" he says.

"Oh..." I decide whether I should talk to him now.

"Why?" he asks.

"I- never mind, I'll talk to you later okay?" I say turning to walk away.

"Con" Ricky says grabbing my arm, "are you okay? I can make them leave, just come in really quick".

Before I can protest how he can't just kick them out of his room, he pulls me gently into the room and I see Shelby on the chair and Jc on a bed.

"Hey, I need to talk to Connor. Can you guys give us a minute please?".

"Sure, we'll be in Kian's room" Jc says and they leave.

"So what's up?" Ricky asks sitting on the bed and patting the spot next to him. I slowly make my way over to him and sit down.

"I need to talk to someone and I can't do it in my room" I start.

"Okay, well what do you wanna talk about?" he asks.

I breathe in and out slowly.

"Do you remember when you asked me if there was someone I liked when I told you I was gay?" I ask.

"Yeah" Ricky says, clearly excited.

"Well...I'm staying in the same room as him" I say and bite my tongue.