Part 1

September 17, 2007

Agent Greenaway had noticed some subtle changes in herself lately. She had a never ending appetite, but that was nothing compared to the insatiable feeling of exhaustion. This could be attributed to the strenuous job she had, but even upon taking a day off she was quite tired. on long plane rides, she would fall asleep for the entire flight, and struggled to wake up to review case files with the rest of the team. She had hoped nobody else noticed these small changes, but of course, someone had. Having a secret amongst a group of profilers is seldom possible. Todays flight was extensive, all the way to Florida. Elle hated Florida. During the flight, she began to feel unwell, practically throwing up, and spending around 45 minutes in the bathroom. Outside, the rest of the team speculated what was talking her so long in the washroom. Rossi, looking up from his paper, let out a concerned "Whats up with Greenaway, she alright?" Reid immediately peered up. "Yeah, I've noticed. She hasn't spent more than around 10 minutes in the bathroom since April, maybe she isn't feeling well. I mean the stomach virus rates in middle America have been up about 31.3% since-" JJ interjected. "I'm sure she's fine." Standing up, JJ lightly knocked on the door of the bathroom. "Elle, you alright in there? Need anything?" Elle let out a weak "yeah, I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute." And she was. She emerged from the bathroom no more than five minutes later, looking pale and somewhat clammy. the whole team eyed her down, and she glanced at them with a "Stop giving me that look, I'm fine." Kind of look In her eye. Once the plane landed and she was walking down the stairs to the landing, Reid stopped her. "Elle, listen, I don't know what's going on with you but I do have my suspicions. Elle raised an eyebrow at him, visibly annoyed. "God, Reid, men always seem to think they know everything. But they don't and I-" He cut her off, his voice now soothing. "I'm just saying, I'm here, and If you want to talk about whatever is going on, I will always be here." She nodded at him before walking away. Reid had always wondered where Elle's lac of physical affection came from, but, considering her prior traumas, he thought it made sense. The car ride to the hotel was brief, but the tensions were high. As Elle peered out of the back passenger window, the world seemed to blur into colors and textures. As much as she despised Florida for its warm climate and strange reptiles, the views always made her happy. Just the feeling of warmth and palm trees cascading over here was like a lullaby, putting her to sleep quickly. "Elle, wake up, we're here." Derek nudged her shoulder, her body slumped over onto the ledge of the car window, banging her head into the window with every slight bump in the road. "Crap, already?" She said, her voice raspy. "Yeah, but I'm sure given your.. uh... well whatever it is, hatch will be fine to give you the day to relax and get some sleep." His voice genuine, but in a hushed tone, as the car was fill with half the team. Elle said back in a more suggestive tone, "the only time you will catch me 'taking a day'" she air quoted, "will be the day you can shoot me dead." He snickered, knowing how devoted to her work she was. "Morgan, Elle, you plan on staying in this car forever, because I'm turning the AC off in 3..2.." Elle popped open the door, stepping up onto the curb outside the hotel. "Wow, where did this budget come from?" Emily exclaimed sarcastically, knowing how cheap the bureau is about travel expenses. "That's a good question, frankly, the spending rate of the-" Reid was interjected by JJ. "God I bet the minibar here is great though. There must be a catch, letting us stay at a place like this?" Everyone laughed, knowing her minibar spending habits were getting extensive, but we're always the butt of the joke. Hotch and Rossi emerged from a second black Sudan, seemingly having a fun conversation. Hotch's stern shoulders were loose today, and his brow was soft. "This place Is great!" Morgan stated. Hotch moved his hand up to his mouth to mask a laugh, but everyone could still see it. "Listen, the Bureau got the bookings wrong, and it looks like we are going to have to double bed tonight." Morgan patted Reid on the back, wrinkling his brown cotton shirt. "Looks like your with me tonight, Pretty Boy." Reid made brief eye contact with Hotch, conveying his discontent. "Ah, so who's with Rossi tonight?" The three women exchanged a look, and then turned to him. "Ah. I'll double with Hotch." Hatch looked over in disapproval, clearly wanting to veto this new offer. "Listen guys, I'll take the single room, I need to get some sleep anyways." Emily contributed. "Alone?!" Elle said in a comedically mocking tone. Emily rolled her eyes and approached the desk, grabbing her keys and heading up to her room. "So.." JJ started. "Oh god not you too. Reid already interrogated me about my 'strange' behavior. "Listen, I'm not going to mansplain to you what I think we both already know. How many weeks along are you?"Elle looked down at her feet, reluctant to reply. Reluctant to even admit that she was going to be a parent. "Listen, I Can see the signs. When I was pregnant with Henry," her voice trailed off. as she was breathing between sentences, Elle interjected "9 weeks." She nodded, biting on her lip. "Well uh," JJ cleared her throat and scratched an itch behind her long and healthy blonde hair. "Well im here for you. You know, I- Im listening. And if you need anything, I know some people." Just then, her voice changed into a singsong-y tone, and began to joking ask "Sooooo, who's the father?" Elle laughed, running her right Hand through her hair. "God, Jaje, I really cant have any privacy on this team!" She snickered, heaving off her nice leather shoes and heading across the grey carpeted room to the mini bar. She reached for a fireball, and looked at the menu neatly taped inside the mini fridge. "Jesus! Eight dollars for a shot!" Both women snickered, and JJ downed the overpriced beverage. Just as JJ had plopped down onto the nicely made posh white beds, Elle heard the familiar ring over her phone. "JJ" she said seriously, turning her head to see JJ taking another shot. "Its Hotch." She frowned, unsure whether to finish the shot or pause, quickly, she decided to down it, and shake her head with the unsavory taste. "He wants us to come in, they just recovered another body." JJ's nose scrunched, displeased with what she had just heard. "So sober up, I'll tell him we'll be down at 6:30, and in the meantime, lets get you a coffee." JJ peered over at the red lit alarm clock, reading 5:06pm. JJ let out an annoyed sign, "so much for a fun night off, huh." Elle nodded and walked over to the bed once more, throwing her head onto the soft white pillows.

30 mins later:

As JJ casually sipped her newly bought cup of black coffee, pursing her lips as she tasted the bitterness of the drink, Emily walked in. "Coffee?" She pulled up her long black sleeves to see her watch, "its what, 6?" Elle snickered "someone" she peered over at JJ, "decided to take a few shots-" she was cut off by the defensive blonde. "Listen, Em, I thought we had the night off. I have a 1 year old how much fun do you really think I have." Emily nodded. "Alright, well, we've got to get out there." Emily threw JJ's handbag at her, as she caught it whimfully, heaving herself to her feet.

(Should I do more parts of this, like what happens to her on the field? I feel like there aren't really many Fics about Elle, and I really love her as a character. If you have any things you want written, lmk, and sorry for the bad quality, i've never written one of these and I did it in the middle of my history lessons lol)