O N E

Alessio sat at the bar, mindlessly tapping his fingers on the cool glass that holds the strong liquor. Why did I come here in the first place? Alessio did not like bars, especially the ones that were on the outskirts of the city. He preferred high-end restaurants and places that were filled to the brim with men and women who donned expensive clothes. Yet here he was surrounded by college frat boys and old men.

The only normal that seemed to be present in this place was you. Alessio hadn't noticed you at first--it was rowdy in here--yet, he noticed you the more and more boys went up to you. You were ignoring them, they weren't appealing one bit and yet they continued to pester you. You were about to blow up at the next person who came up to you but to Alessio, it seemed as if you liked him.

You laughed a little at his jokes, you allowed him to buy yourself another drink, and you even let him touch your hand until you jerked it away. Alessio laughed inside. She's intriguing. Alessio watched the interaction between you and the frat boy a little while longer until the boy got up, he walked over to the bar where Alessio was sitting and ordered a drink. Alessio made his move.

He stood up from his seat, giving the bartender a nod and a little smile, before making his move towards you.

You didn't look up, but you did feel a man's presence, "I said I didn't want another drink. You're sweet but I'm not interested."

Alessio slid into the seat across from you, "Well, I am not some college dude, so I do not think you have to worry." You huffed before looking up, once again ready to tell someone off before your eyes connected with Alessio's. You stared up at the man who couldn't have been anymore older than 26. "Hi, doll."

"Hi, who said you could sit there?"

He chuckled. "I noticed you had been having trouble trying to be unseen and I thought you would need some help."

You stuck your tongue in your cheek. "Mhm, but I didn't ask for any help. So thank you but you can go." You sipped, what appeared to be, tequila and looked down at your phone. Alessio wouldn't give up that easily though.

"What is your name?"

You blinked up at him. Is he serious? You thought. "You must not know what the meaning of 'goodbye' is."

"I do, however, I asked a question." Alessio wanted to smirk or smile but he refrained. "So, what is your name?"

"Why do you care?"

"'Cause I want to know that name of the pretty lady I am going to court."

"The hell is this? The 19th century? Who uses "court" anymore." You scoffed at his lame and old terminology. This was one of the most ridiculous conversations you have possibly had, and you have had many.

"Well, mi tesoro, I am kind of an old soul." He leaned back in his seat. "I was raised by my grandmother."

"And I'm supposed to care?"

"I am just making conversation, mi amore." He tapped his glass. "I can keep asking you the same question or you can just answer me. Your choice."

You stared at Alessio. You were thinking if this dude was serious. He couldn't have been. Right? Even though you could stay in your thoughts forever, you figured you would just answer him, "Y/n. That's my name."

"How lovely. I am Alessio." He smiled.

"That's nice. Are we done here? I've got places to be."

"On a late Friday night? Hm, interesting."

You shook your head. "Do you not give up?"

"I do not."

"Mhm, well this has been weird but fun. I have to go now," you stood up from your seat. "See you never again, Alessio."

"You could see me again, if you wanted."

"I don't want to."

Alessio put his head down and chuckled, "You are a funny one. Let me have your number." He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone, waiting for you to grab it. You stared, hoping he'd get the memo that you didn't want it. "You will need the phone to put the number in, no?"

"I'd rather not. I'm not looking for courtship, at the moment." With a roll of your eyes, you walked out the bar, leaving Alessio stunned.

Never in a million years has a woman ever left Alessio hanging.

He didn't know what to say or do, but he knew he looked like a fool standing there so he went back to the bar and took a seat.

"Hey, man." The bartender grabbed Alessio's attention. "That girl you were talking to, her full name is Y/n L/n. I know you can learn more about her that way." The bartender sent a wink towards Alessio and finished his job.

Alessio smirked and pulled out his phone again, calling a number.

The phone rang twice before someone answered. "Hello."

"Hey, I got a name for you."

AUTHORS CORNER

hiii, so this story literally came to my mind while i was in my business class. so i deadass grabbed my laptop and pulled up wattpad just to write it.

if you hadn't noticed, and i'm sure you probably don't care, but i tried to limit myself with the amount of contractions i used for Alessio's dialogue (contractions meaning don't and wouldn't) and with Y/n, i just let her speak how i honestly speak.

i'm gonna give and introduction to the character later in the story but i feel as if there are some things that should be said before moving forward: first, this is a black woman x white man story. if you aren't black, just respect that. second, i wrote alessio as if he has a little bit of an italian accent peaking through because i think it's hot (hence his lack of contractions). lastly, please don't be a ghost reader. leave as many comments as y'all like because reading them make me happy and laugh.

thank you!