115. the reunion

TRAINING WHEELS

THE REUNION

1st May 1998 (continued)

  Amora wasn't sure if the queasy feeling in her stomach was due to nerves or the Apparition to Aberforth Dumbledore's home. Aberforth didn't let them stick around for long – he didn't prep them about what had been going down in Hogwarts, or what they would find once they reached the otherside of the passageway that he'd revealed behind a portrait of a young girl – he just sent the three of them on their way.

Luna headed in first – she seemed most eager to get to everybody else. However, even as Amora clutched Draco's hand, their wands all lighting the path in front of them, she couldn't find it in her to have as much courage as the Ravenclaw girl. She knew she wanted to fight, she'd never forgive herself if she didn't, but she couldn't shake off this feeling in the air that was starting to consume her. Something didn't feel right.

Draco's grip tightened on hers and he glanced down at her. Amora couldn't bring herself to look up and meet his silver eyes in the dim light of the tunnel. She was worried that he would see the hesitance in hers and immediately spin them back around to Shell Cottage. She couldn't leave her friends behind here, she couldn't give up when the ending was so, so close.

"This must be it," Luna breathed when a portrait up ahead slowly swung open.

Light shone through, meaning there was no longer any need for the Lumos spell the three were expelling. Amora's wand in Draco's hand was still being held up defensively, even as they came to the very end of the tunnel and found themselves facing a room filled with familiar faces. There were immediate excited cheers from all over the place, but also cautious whispers and fingers being pointed.

Amora saw Luna get snatched by Ginny and Neville, a fuss being made over her, and she had no chance to pinpoint a particular face herself before she was being grabbed too.

The cry that came from Pansy Parkinson's lips made Amora's stomach flip, her arms immediately returning the bone-crushing hug that Amora was receiving from the Slytherin girl. She could feel Pansy physically trembling, her hands scrambling to hold the back of Amora's baggy brown cardigan tighter.

"You have no idea –" Pansy released a small cry, "- no idea how terrified I was that something was going to happen to you."

Amora felt her heart tug, her hand moving to cup the back of Pansy's short dark hair. "I know," Amora mumbled, "But I'm here with you now, Pans. It's okay now."

Looking over Pansy's shoulder, she could see both Blaise and Theo wrestling Draco into a hug of his own. She couldn't help but get all teary-eyed and happy over the careless smile on her boyfriend's face.

She felt so whole knowing that they were all finally in the same room with each other. It had been eleven months since the last time – since Draco left to do his task and locked Amora in the dormitory room with them.

"Oi, don't hog her, Parkinson."

Amora gasped at the voice and craned her head over her shoulder to see Leon standing there. His dark hair was all shaggy, and he was broader than she remembered him to be – taller, too. The scratch marks that peeked past the collar of his black jumper reminded her why. Leon wasn't just a wizard anymore, he was a werewolf, too. She had almost completely forgotten.

Pansy gave an amused smile as she rolled her eyes, folding her arms across her chest. "Go on then, Amora. Maybe he'll stop going on about you now."

Amora released a breathless chuckle and jumped to grab Leon into a tight hug too. He surprised her by pulling her inches off of the ground, her eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets when he waved her about a bit – almost like she weighed nothing. Amora clung to her shoulders and released a small shriek.