Ch 1: Awakening

Beep, beep, beep… the sound of many ones and zeroes echoed in his mind. The clipping sound of a keyboard repeating in his head as he opened his eyes. What happened? Where was he? Why was in he a capsule filled with some weird liquid? Why did he have hoses connected to his body?? Why the hell was he naked!?

Ugh, my head’s killing me!” he thought to himself.

Looking around, there was a man. Middle height, brown hair, possibly in his late 40s. Who was he?

What happened to me…?” he asked himself again.
His eyes flashed for a split second as the fragments of the memories he had lost beforehand were coming to him, but each fragment went by as a blur. He didn't know why he had those memories, but every time one flashed, he felt a sharp pain in his mind. He knew he had to get out of there, and fast.

Before he could make his move, the door to his left shot open. The sound of an electric door with motion detectors shot him out of his trance and all he could do was keep waiting in pain.

“Sir, Project: Reaper is almost ready!” the man said as he came through the door.

“Excellent. It will only be a matter of time before Project: Blade is ready too. Seems as if Maurice’s DNA is more stable than we thought.”

Project… Blade?”

“Get my son on the line. His work on Project: Ace should be ready soon too.”

I don’t know what’s going on, but I have to get out of here! But… I can’t risk them seeing me…I have a feeling there's a reason I am in her and... Surrounded by guards...
His hopes were not in vain. Right after, a man in a white lab coat came running in, panic written all over his face.

“Sir! Reaper is getting out of control! We can’t contain him!”

The ‘sir’ did not answer anything and ran out of the room, with the two other scientists following him.

Now was his chance. He was alone in the room and he had to get out of there and find whatever the two other projects were that they were talking about. He swam to the top of the capsule and banged on the door in hopes that it would open. In one hard hit, the door burst open and he jumped out, coughing out the green liquid that was in his mouth. He saw some clothes on the table and put them on, not wanting to break out of there naked. He had to admit, the red shirt and blue jean shorts that he got were a little too big for him, but it had to do.

“Now how do I get out of here…” he mumbled quietly.

He saw six blades on the table, next to where the clothes were. Why were there blades there? Was it a part if the project? But surprisingly, the more he looked at them, the more connected he felt. Soon after, the blades began to levitate and came close to him. At first, he thought that the blades were designed to kill him should he escape, but after opening his eyes…

The blades were passively levitating beside him, almost as if they were under his control. He moved his hand slightly in a U-shape and the blades mirrored the movement.

“What the…?” he asked in awe.
He tried something different. He walked up to the locked door and used on of the blades to crack it open, allowing him to escape. He thought it was really cool how he could control the blades with his mind. What other abilities he possesses, he didn’t know yet.

In another part of the facility, there was another lab with a capsule, containing a person, with about 10 scientists working on the computers.

“What seems to be the problem? Can’t you keep him stable!?” the boss said after pushing a scientist away and began to type in the codes himself.