Starting The Slayer Journey

Waking up from a good nights rest like all people I yawned, I got up from my futon and stretched hearing my joints pop is always refreshing I groaned in relief

"I always feel stiff instead of relaxed in bed... Weird.."

I kneeled down and fixed my futon and put it away to where I got it from I gathered my things and headed down stairs upon which I saw shinobu sitting at a table enjoying breakfast, right I forgot about that.

"Ohayo Shinobu-sama" I greeted her, she turned towards me and flashed her signature smile, atleast it doesn't feel threateningly scary..

"Ohayo Y/n-san slept well?" She asked me I nodded in response and headed to the caretaker of this inn and got my breakfast I then walked back to shinobu and sat opposite of her.

"About joining.. Would you mind helping me? Your the only person aside from the other slayer I know of that can guide me"
I asked her, after all I can't just head straight to another pillar and tell them I want to straight up join that would be most disrespectful and weird.

"Oh why of course, I'd be glad to but.. You do know which branch you'd like to join right?" She asked me, I nearly forgot about that a breathing style would be most helpful, sigh.. Time to act dumb again

"Branch? I think you should have specified what you meant Shinobu-sama..." I sweatdropped but I do act clueless at times don't I?

She sighed "Forgive me, I forgot that I have yet to tell you about the branches, well then there are 13 though.. There's only one person known who uses the Breath of the sun which is Yoriichi Tsugikuni the one who created the Breath of the Sun, anyways the rest are Breath of Flames, Breath of Water, Breath of Thunder, Breath of Wind, Breath of Stone, those are currently the main Breathing styles but there are more that derive from those which are..." After she had said the rest because I am not writing it all down.

"Thats quite a lot to take in" I said it's harder for me to remember while she says it all at once I should've asked her while we were at the hub..

"I suppose it is, but you'll get used to things soon Y/n-san anyways, have you picked the branch you'd like to join?" She asked me with a close eyed smile

I thought about it for a bit, none of them sound that interesting to me aside from mist and thunder breathing so I'll just make my own I have thought, practiced and made the breathing back in the hub.. It wouldn't be bad at all if I remade it here too.

"I've decided to make my own breathing style" I told her straight up they've already seen some of it from my practice so I guess she won't be that surprised

"Ah I see good luck then" she flashed me another smile the caretakers came over and picked up our dishes

'When did I even finish my food?.. Was I too preoccupied to notice? Sigh that's anime logic for you'

We thanked the kind caretakers and got up after a bit more talking

"Well then Y/n-san I'll meet you at the front after I've prepared?" She asked me

"Ah sure I'll be meeting you there" she smiled yet again 'I think my cheek bones would be dead if I smiled that much..' I sighed and went over to the front I don't feel like bathing. I'm not smelly anyway plus, it's not like anyone would really notice if I smelled, maybe only tanjiro would.

============================

621 words
A bit short cuz I had not many ideas
1/26/22