019┆chapter nineteen

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

nineteen.        imprint

▬▬ BOTH IMMEDIATELY REGRETTED entering the house, as all eyes turned to them, all wondering the same thing . . .

"How was your talk?" Emily was the one that asked but they all leaned closer with wide smiles on there faces.

"It was . . . good." Cassie nodded, her eyes moving up to Paul and he smiled. A small smile, but his eyes were filled with utter adoration ― the look Cassie often saw Sam giving Emily. She couldn't stop her smile from growing as she shoved his arm a little before walking farther into the house stopping next to Embry. "Hey, you." She flicked his ear and he swatted at her hand. "So, this is why you disappeared?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "And I'm sorry about that. I heard about what happened with you and Jake, I hated that I wasn't there."

"It's okay." She gave him a small smile as she nodded her head. "What's not okay is your hair."

He flung his hands up to his hair. "What's wrong with my hair?" He asked, his eyes slightly panicked.

"It's gone." She mumbled, reaching out to move the short strands from his forehead and the others in the room laughed. Paul watched with a smile, despite the fact that he was a little jealous. Embry relaxed a little, giving her a look as he fought off a laugh.

"I missed you." He stood up and wrapped his arms around her, making her laugh as he easily lifted her off the floor. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and squeezed him.

"I missed you." She told him, then he put her back on her feet and pulled back.

"Now . . . " He placed his hand on her shoulders. "Why were you crying?"