𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 [𝟏𝟕]

*Original POV*

You're not suicidal.

Things progressively began to worsen for Eldians in Paradis a few weeks after the Grand Ball. Everything seemed to have been going too well and you let yourself get carried away.

"War has been brewing the minute you were all born. We will soon begin to train on our ODM Gears again," Captain Levi announced

"We'll be heading back to the forest in three days to pick up on training again. Same routine of five years ago," you sensed grief in Captain Levi's voice.

✧༺❃༻✧

Mikasa helped you put on the straps of the ODM Gear. Armin and you wanted to show Yelena and Onyankopon the ODM Gear up close.

They've taught you both so much for nearly a whole year so you wanted to teach them something that you all became too familiar with.

"How are you feeling?" Mikasa asked as she tightened the strap.

"Fine, nothing new," you looked in the mirror to your left and saw the young cadet from years ago. The same one that's been making random appearances lately.

I tried so hard to keep you hidden

"Look at me," Mikasa turned you around before putting her hand on your shoulders, "We've all grown so much, let's keep growing together."

✧༺❃༻✧

You were lost in your own thoughts as Armin finally caught up to you, "Hey Y/n, you feeling alright?"

You lazily turned your head before nodding. He didn't seem convinced, "Tell me, what are things in your life that make you happy?"

"Why?", you weren't up to wasting your time on pointless shit.

"Just answer me."

"Don't know."

He sighed, "I'll list them for you then. Yelena, books, knowledge, cooking, baking, piano music, the constellations, and Yelena... again."

You didn't say anything, or more like you couldn't. You smiled a bit as you reached the edge of the forest. The same forest that Yelena and you walked hand in hand as she taught you about the birds a few weeks back.

Yelena and Onyankopon were a few feet behind so Armin and you both turned around to face them. Your mind was getting too loud for your own thought that you only managed to notice the shadows of the trees.

I tried so hard to keep you hidden.

*Yelena's POV*

"So I thought that it would be a great idea to show you how ODM Gear's functions," Armin paused to look at Y/n.

"After that, we can let you borrow our gear and you guys can try to maneuver it around the trees. If you'd like of course."

I walked over to Y/n as Armin and Onyankopon walked off to a nearby tree. "These are the hooks, careful they're pretty sharp..."

"Hey, my love. Are you feeling alright?" I tried pulling her into a hug but she defensively stepped back.

"Yes, I'm fine," she shrugged me off. "I have to get going."

✧༺❃༻✧

Onyankopon and I stood on the stable ground as Y/n and Armin flew past us from high above. It was as if they were born for the sole purpose of this war.