One Shot

-My very sexy husband just fixed the dryer. - Claire said, looking at him. - I think we should go upstairs.

- I think we should. - Phil agreed, grabbing her hand and guiding her to their bedroom.

A few weeks later...

-Joe, what's the matter, buddy? - Asked Phil, to the nine months old brother-in-law. - Come with me. - He said, getting the baby out of the nursery and leading him to his room while he continued to cry.

-What's happening? - Said Claire, sitting on her bed  and catching  the baby's attention. - Come with me, sweetie. - She said, putting him on the bed, and he immediately stopped crying.

-I think he didn't want to be alone. - Said Phil, laying by his side of the bed and watching baby Joe get accommodated by his wife's chest. - Or he misses his m-o-m. - Spelled, afraid that the baby could start to cry again.

-Yeah. - She said, watching him close his eyes. - This feels good. - Said, hugging him. - I missed having a baby around. - Completed closing her eyes while Phil was looking at her with a big smile, all he could think about was how pretty his wife looked with a baby in her arms. He leaned in and kissed her forearm.

 7:45 am

-Good morning. - Said Claire, entering the kitchen with Joe in her arms. Phil was making breakfast while Haley had just got home from her job at promoting and Alex was finishing some homework and Luke was eating.

-Morning. - Said, Phil giving her a peak on her lips and interacting with baby Joe, that didn't seem very happy to see him. 

-It must be dad. - Said Claire, when she heard the bell ring. She opened the door and there was her father and her step-mother. 

-Hola, good morning. - Said Gloria, trying to get Joe out of Claire's arms while the baby refused to go with his mom and hide his face on his sister's neck.

-Hey grandpa. - Said Luke, entering the living room with his backpack. - Can I have a ride to school?

-Sure, kid. Manny is in the car waiting. - He said,  looking at his daughter and son, he didn't understand why his younger son didn't want to come with his mother, but he could notice that there was something different in Claire. - They are gonna be late.

-Dad, maybe you drive them to school while we get Joe distracted with breakfast and maybe he goes with Gloria. 

-Did something happen? - Gloria asked, but she didn't understand her son's reaction, refusing to go with her. - Maybe he thinks we abandoned him.

-No Gloria, of course not. He just woke up, maybe he's a little grumpy. - She said, closing the door and going to the kitchen with her step-mother by her side. - He cried in the middle of the night and Phil got him to bed, he saw me and stopped crying immediately. - She said, getting Joe's plate of fruit that Phil had made and sitting by the table with Gloria sitting by her side. 

-Mom seems different, don't you think? - Whispered Alex to her sister while watching baby Joe got distracted with the fruits that his mother was giving him

-Yeah, and Joe is super attached to her, it never happened before. - Said Haley, whispering back, watching her mom transfer the baby to Gloria's lap.

-She's glowing. - Said Jay, who was listening to the girl's conversation and watched the whole scene.

-Yeah. - They both agreed.

-Claire got up holding her  mug. She smiled to them and got a piece of Phil's pancakes. He smiled back and he also knew that there was something different with his wife that made him feel hypnotized by her.