Epilogue

Epilogue

Nineteen years old

The sun feels warm against my skin as I walk to the front seats I usually sit in for home games. My right hand is holding the warm hot dog I just bought, and my left hand is holding my cup of sweet tea. Summer is approaching fast as the spring days come to an end.

When I arrive at my seat, I sigh happily and set my cup in the cup holder. My eyes scan over the freshly cut grass of the baseball field. I immediately latch my eyes on number fourteen. The white button up shirts with red trim looks good on him, but the white pants looks even better. God bless baseball pants.

Today, of all home games, is going to be entertaining- for me at least. Ashton is stretching his arms while chatting with one of his friends. I then look over to the opposing team. Carter is talking to his coach. Yup, the best friends are going to play baseball against each other.

I sit down in my seat and relax for a few moments because I know I'll be up on my feet again. As each minute passes, fans find their seats and it gets closer for game time. I glance at the tall score board to see its only five minutes till the game starts.

Getting up, I walk to Razorbacks dug-out. We meet beside the dug-out with the fence being between us. Ashton smiles wide at me and takes his cap off his head to place it on top of mine. The cap is a little too big for me, but I adjust it to my liking.

"You always look cute wearing my hats." Ashton says, smiling wide.

I laugh. "How nervous are you about playing against Carter?" I ask him, my smile not disappearing from my face.

Ashton leans closer. "Would you believe me if I said I'm not nervous?" He lifts an eyebrow in question.

Just to mess with him before the game, I lean forward until our faces are inches apart. "I would not believe you because Carter knows every single one of your tricks you have up your sleeve." I smile cheekily and connect our lips.

His breathe is minty. I wrap my arms around his neck and stand on my tip toes. Our mouths move as one, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this. Ashton pulls back slowly. He smiles and playfully groans.

"I love you very, very much."

Hearing this makes butterflies flutter in my stomach. "I love you, too. Do you have the necklace?" I ask.

Ashton rolls his eyes and reaches down into his baseball shirt to show me the necklace. "Good. Now kick Carter's ass. His ego needs to be lowered a few notches."

My boyfriend takes the red cap off my head and places it back on his messy, brown hair. "That I can agree with. After the game we'll meet at the exit?"

I nod my head in agreement. "As always. Don't do anything stupid, Lotest." I tell him.

Right when the buzzer rings, Ashton pecks my lips as sign of his good bye and walks back into the dugout. The game is about to begin so I head back to my seat. The seat that I got ticket for weeks ago is taken. The tan legs and stylish outfit tells me Haze has arrived.

"Why do you two have to always be so cute?" Is the first thing she says to me.

I roll my eyes and sit down in the seat beside hers. My stomach growls so I reach for my hotdog that is underneath my seat.

"Because we can." I simply say to irritate her.

Like always, Haze huffs and crosses her arms over her chest. "Maybe I should leave New York because all the guys there are gay." She wonders out loud.

"Shut up, you know you aren't going to be leaving NY anytime soon. You'll meet somebody in your own time." I say.

Haze purses her lips. "Yeah, you're right." She looks at the baseball field.

I happily take a bite out of my hot dog. The game lasts for longer than my liking, but I stay to watch Ashton. Carter is pretty good in the outfield, and Ashton still pitches perfectly with that left hand of his. When the game finishes, University of Arkansas wins by only a few points. Carter and Ashton hug it out. Seeing them hugging warms my heart.

Haze says good bye with a promise of a quick shopping trip together before she has to go back to New York. I walk over to the back exit where Ashton and most of his ball mates head to after a quick talk and shower in the locker room.

I waste the minutes waiting for him by being on my phone and scrolling through social media. My sun glasses are on my head and holding back my hair from being in my face.

"I get to take my trophy home." I hear.

I look at up to see Ashton walking over to me. He shows me a charming smile. Ashton has changed out of his baseball uniform and is now wearing black basketball shorts, an old t-shirt I have worn many times before, and tennis shoes. It doesn't surprise me that his hair is in its usual mess. The strap of duffel bag that probably stinks is on his shoulder, and when he reaches me, Ashton wraps his arms around my body and picks me up in the air.

"Ashton Lotest! Put me down!" I exclaim while laughing.

He pushes open the door and keeps on awkwardly walking with me in his arms. After hitting his chest repeatedly, he finally puts me down. We can now walk to his Jeep like a normal couple.

I open the passenger door and get inside the hot vehicle. Ashton walks around the front of his Jeep to his side and gets inside. I sigh happily when he starts it up and A/C blows against my face.

"How'd you like the game?" Ashton asks.

My eyes are closed, and I mumble 'good'. I hear him laugh at me, but I decide to ignore it.

"Are we stopping somewhere to eat, or do you want to just head home." He asks me.

I open my eyes and slowly turn my head to look at him driving. "Home," I sigh happily. "Let's just home."

Ashton smiles and backs out of the parking space. The drive to our apartment is about twenty minutes away from the campus and almost thirty away from Roadside. I still work there with Amy, but I now live together with Ashton in an apartment. Its nice waking up every morning with his arms wrapped around my waist. Really nice.

"Do you want sex first or dinner?"

My cheeks flame wildly. I hit his shoulder hard. "I cannot believe you said that."

Ashton glances away from the road to wiggle his eyebrows at me. "Sex it is."

I cover my cheeks with my hands, knowing they're as red as a tomato. When he chuckles at me, I groan while shaking my head.

"You do not know when to stop." I say to him.

Ashton wiggles his fingers, and I put my hand in his. We intertwine our hands together like we always do when he drives. He kisses my hand gently.

"I love you." He tells me.

I smile so wide that my cheeks hurt. I'm happy with where our relationship is. I don't know what the future holds for us, but if we stick together, I know we'll do just fine.

"I love you, too. I love you unconditionally."

Ashton glances at me from the corner of his eye. My brown ones clash with his green ones. He smiles like he always does, dimples appearing on each handsome cheek.