5

Atsumu stood up from the bed shaking. He felt his breathing unstable that he almost fell into the floor. Luckily, he was able to lean in the table beside his bed.

He's breathing rather unusual, catching each with heaviness on his chest. He clenched into his loose shirt and tried breathing normally but failed.

Sakusa on the other hand just stared at the other inside the room. Surprised at what he had done earlier. Trembling...realizing the terror it may cause the Head of the History Department.

Atsumu is hyperventilating right now.. His blurry vision makes him dizzy and unresponsive

"I.. Ah.. I'm sorry.. I didn't... I'm sorry, Miya-san.. I..." Sakusa stammered and tried approaching Atsumu but stopped as the latter raised a palm and waved at him signaling to stop.

Atsumu still leaning on the desk, tried sitting on the swivel chair but fall directly into the floor with a loud thud.

Just then, Kiyoomi quickly runs toward the blond and gave him a little lift. The blond shrugged it off.
"Le.. Leave me... Leave me.. alone.. I.. Ha... Nggg. Just.. ha.. Leave.. Leave me ..." Atsumu said panting

Sakusa froze

He hates me now.. Kiyoomi thought.

Sakusa lowered his head and instead of leaving, he hugged the professor.

Atsumu eventually collapsed into Kiyoomi's arms after few minutes of struggling to be free and breathing unevenly

Atsumu woke up beside Kiyoomi laying in his bed. He stared at the guy who seems to be troubled earlier. He slowly traced his lips... Did Sakusa-kun really kissed me?

But... Shin... would never.... no one can replace Shin.... he thought. And a tear escape from Atsumu's eyes.

He brushed them away. He curled up his lips and realized how much he miss having a soft warm touch in there.

It feels like Shin is kissing me... the blond professor thought to himself.

I saw Shin... He... He's here... I shouldn't... No one could ever be good enough to replace Shin in my heart....

Suddenly, Kiyoomi hummed into his sleep and opened his eyes slightly. He stared at Atsumu with disappointed expression.

Right... No one will.. No one will ever will. Atsumu reminded himself as he stared to his colleague.

"Leave... Leave.. me alone... Stop... stop intruding into my life!" he said scooting away from Kiyoomi, and leaning into the wall near the window.

Shocked, Kiyoomi slowly lifted his body, sat on the bed, and stood. He picked up his stuffs and fixed his crumpled uniform.

"I understand." Sakusa replied rather sad.

Kiyoomi stared at Atsumu for a while before exiting the room without saying anything.

Atsumu felt terrible...like he had been cheating to his ex-boyfriend...

But it strikes him... how can he even move on if he kept holding onto the past?! But he can't just forget Shinsuke in a snap of a finger... Yes, it's been years... but it has always been him...

He baffled over this until he find himself in deep slumber.

~

TIME SKIP

On Monday, Professor Atsumu Miya was able to attend his classes again. He was greeted by his brother, Osamu who just came back from his leave and visited their parents in Tokyo.

"How are ye?" Samu asked

"Good." Atsumu replied rather uninterested.

"That's all you could say? Yer cold, really." Samu teased as they walk side by side on the hallway.

"I am not.. How's Mom and Dad?" Atsumu asked looking at his twin brother.

"They're doing good as well. They wanted to see you..."

"I know... But... I can't... I'll just call them later." the blond responded while opening the faculty room door.

"Right. I'll see you around, Tsumu."

"Yeah." Atsumu said and went inside the faculty area

Atsumu sat on his desk inside the faculty room .. Waiting... waiting for his class... or is he actually waiting for someone?

The chair beside him is empty. The bell rang after two minutes, so he stood and head to his class.

"He's late. Unprofessional" he whispered to himself

During lunch, he sat on the faculty room, but there's no sign of Professor Sakusa Kiyoomi in the teachers' area.

He frowned but shrugged the idea that he's worried about the guy who just abruptly kissed him last Friday night.

It's Wednesday today, and yet no Professor Sakusa appeared in the University.

Atsumu, on his way to the library happened to hear a conversation between the Dean and the Vice Principal

V. Principal: "We should at least consider to have a replacement for him."

Dean: "Why? Professor Miya can take over Professor Sakusa's classes for the meantime."

V. Principal: "But, Sir the students would probably refuse to accept Professor Miya... You know the guy..."

Dean: "He's the best in the History Department... no one can complain about that... It's not that we don't care about the students' opinion, but our priority is to bring them quality education... and Professor Miya can undeniably do that."

V. Principal: "I know Sir.. But..."

Dean: "No buts... I already called Professor Miya so I can discuss this to him."

Atsumu froze in his feet... Replacement?