#16 Anniversary

Scenario 16

Xiao x Super shy conscious reader

Xiao's POV mix 3rd Person POV

'(Y/n)'s been in high spirits than usual. Wonder what's going on in that mortal brain of theirs.' Xiao picked up your subtle heightened cheerfulness, sighing to himself in deep thoughts as he try to find a reason behind these actions of yours.

The smell of a whole meal of delicacies are rushing in and out of Smiley Yanxiao's kitchen as waiters and waitresses serve famished customers.

3rd of February. Lantern rite is in the air, Liyue bustling with citizens continuing preparations, various festive decoration and creation were sold off, people holding and opening up new events for you as a trvaler to explore and have fun with.....

No... none of these things could have the heights of excitement for you to go this cheery.

"Verr, can... I ask you a question?" unexpectedly confronting the inn's manager as she stop by the roof to place food by a chair for the adeptus. Even Verr took a second take to confirm what she just heard.

"Sure, go ahead." carefully choosing her own words to not offend the adepti in any way as she stayed and listen to him.

"....." Xiao went silent.

"Why does... (Y/n) looked so happy than usual?"

"I promised (Y/n) that I can't reveal their secret." Verr disclosed, protecting your privacy. "But all I can say is... today's a special day between you and them. If you'll excuse me, I'll be off to check on the guests."

As she left, Xiao was just left clueless. Far clueless than before but at least he's getting somewhere.

'A special day... between (Y/n) and I...?" the least thing is that he's getting somewhere.

'Wait why am I thinking about this again-' he questioned himself, finally snapping back to his stubborn self, trying to shake off those thoughts. "It's useless, all I can think about is... them."

For once, a new burst of feeling has conquered over the pain of his karmic debts. A powerful surge of feelings far formidable than his karmic debts.

Out of all the fields of wisdom the adeptus holds, it just has to be one of those complex mortal feelings.

'So... is this what those mortals called... love?' he questioned himself, wandering about the open lushy woods.

Xiao subconsciously picked Crystalflies as he was lost in thought, only realizing these were his gift to you on his birthday because he thought it would look good in you hair.

Realizing almost anything around him reminds him of you, his face went flustered red whilst he couldn't help but think about you again.

'I can't just give them these saying the same thing..." the Anemo adepti affirmed with that thought, sighing at the amount of crystalflies he caught for you. After all, to him these are worthless, but if it's for you, he'll find himself doing a thousand of things.