#1: Guess Who's Coming to College

Author's Note: Hey there, nice to see you again ;) Just a heads up, if you start reading this story and are incredibly confused, it's probably because you need to read Vol. 1. Otherwise, we're picking up right where we left off, no time skips, no nothing. Be aware as we move forward that there is a subplot involving mentions of rape and related ethical issues. It's nothing graphic, but it is discussed and heavily implied as an important part of the plot, so if that makes you uncomfortable this is the time to see yourself out. As always, feedback is appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter shook his head, a smile cracking the thin set line of his lips. He couldn't even pretend to be mad she'd trolled him.

"Why do you look so surprised? You didn't think I had the brains to get into this place?" Collin smirked.

"I can't believe you even applied here, that's all," Peter explained.

"Oh, and why's that?"

"Because I'm here and after what happened at the compound..." Peter started to turn red even thinking about it. "I figured you'd avoid me."

"Why would I avoid you?" Collin laughed lightly, reclining casually but not moving to take any items out of her bag. "You and my dad are so silly sometimes. After that whole... incident... he gave me a huge talk about not getting involved with you or adding, as he put it, "romantic, sexual weirdness" between us..."

"He said that?" Peter gulped.

"But, like I told him, we were under the influence of the serum, Peter. None of that has to mean anything," Collin assured him. Peter felt nauseous suddenly, and it must have been apparent on his face because Collin frowned with slight worry. "Seriously, don't freak out about this. I'm here because the location is so close to the Tower, not for you, dork."

She shoved at his shoulder playfully.

"O- Of course not, I didn't think that..." Peter forced a laugh.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go sit in the front row and start networking-- I mean, making friends," Collin corrected herself, before winking at Peter and grabbing her bag to change seats.

So much for being focused on his first day of class, Peter's eyes kept wandering back to Collin sitting in front of him while the Professor introduced himself.

"Good morning, class...and those without any," He joked, getting a flutter of laughter from the auditorium. "I'm professor Carlisle Butler and I'll be leading you on a journey through the human body for the rest of this semester. I know that most of you are freshmen here to get credits for your foundation courses, and others are seniors who decided to leave it all for your last year in college. For the freshmen in the crowd, let me welcome you to our beautiful campus. Here we conduct some of the leading research on immuno-robotics..."

The professor was charming and witty, but he may as well have been droning for all the attention Peter was able to give him as Collin whispered with the girl next to her. Already, she was making friends. It had to be those Stark genetics-- she pulled people to her like magnets.

When class was over, Peter saw her approach the professor's desk and introduce herself. He gathered his things as the professor took the hand she extended and, instead of shaking it, held it as he smiled up at her. Peter frowned-- but Collin didn't seem bothered, laughing girlishly before pulling her hand away. Then, she disappeared into the stream of students as they left the auditorium.

------------------

Peter had a few foundation courses to take this first semester, but he'd done so many dual enrollment classes at Midtown that he'd managed to squeeze in a couple of advanced courses for his Biochemistry major. At noon, he called his Aunt as he went to drop off his books in his dorm.

"You will never guess who else is going to ESU," He immediately told her.

"Wanna bet?" May replied, the sounds of her office buzzing in the background. She could be heard speaking to someone else in the background. "Take these pamphlets with you to hand out while you get signatures, Daisy, thank you..."

"Alright, guess," Peter prompted.

"Collin Stark," She replied.

"How did you know that?" His mouth dropped open.

"Tony called to warn me this morning," She laughed.

"Oh... What else did he tell you...?" Peter queried carefully, trying not to sound too curious.

"That he's afraid you'll try to ruin his little girl's innocence," May teased.

"I-- I wouldn't--!"

"I'm just kidding, he was more worried about Collin ruining your innocence, though, frankly, that wouldn't be the worst thing for you at this stage, kiddo..." His aunt mused.

Peter face-palmed.

"Oh my god..."

"Besides embarrassing you, though, he also told me she's rooming on campus. Biophysics major with a minor in robotics."

Peter, having tossed his bag onto his twin-sized bed, locked up behind him just as another student approached him bearing leaflets.

"Social mixer at the Coffee Bean tonight!" She chirped, handing him the piece of paper. "Wear your favorite superhero t-shirt for 50% off all coffee drinks!"

"Thank you," Peter took the leaflet with a sigh as the student continued down the hallway to stop her other unsuspecting peers.

"What was that?" May asked on the other end.

"Just a girl handing out flyers for a social thing on campus..." He trailed off, looking at the time of the mixer before crumpling it and tossing it into the nearest recycling bin. "I can't go, though."

"Why not?" May asked. "A social thing sounds like a great way to spend your first night on campus!"

"I start my internship with the Daily Bugle today," He reminded her. "I won't have time to do that, go to the mixer, and be on patrol later tonight."

"I told Tony not to give you any assignments while you were studying," May fumed. "Don't tell me this is another one of his--."

"This isn't an assignment, I swear. It's just my usual neighborhood thing. A couple hours at most," Peter lied through his teeth. It was true that it wasn't an assignment from Tony, but the estimation of time he'd given was definitely minimized.

"A couple of hours at most, he says," May sighed. She knew her nephew liked to push himself too hard. "You need time to sleep at some point, Peter. Don't forget that."

"It's my first day in college, May," Peter smiled. "Isn't this the time to go crazy?"

"Yeah, but by doing something like a social mixer that involves other people and, you know, fun," May insisted.

"Photography is fun!" Peter protested as he made his way onto the quad, the late August sunshine sparkling off the huge fountain that marked the center of campus.

"Alright, alright. Quit talking to your old Aunt May and get out there, Pete," May said goodbye to him fondly.

"Okay, May. Love you!"

"Love you! And try to have fun, please!"