hey lover boy

"Are you ready for your show yet, Barbatos?" The show organizers asked Barbatos, better known to people close to him as Venti. Barbatos was an extremely popular singer and the idol from Mondstadt who has kept quite a steady following over the years, only growing larger and larger on every single album drop. Only now with the release of his new album did his career see blow up. To be honest, to Venti, he didn't care about his success or money, all in all, he just wanted to have fun, but his producers and manager thought otherwise.

"Yeah, give me a second! This stupid hair tie isn't working!" Venti called back, trying to braid his hair, which was not cooperating with him today; at all.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just don't take too long." His employer said, leaving his dressing room. Those pesky employees always we're mean and disrespectful, probably because they just wanted the pay and leave, they had better things to do than care about a pop idol who acts like an 8-year-old on a sugar crash.

After a while of trying, Venti finally was able to get his braids on properly. He went out of his changing room and went into the main room backstage. He sat down in a nearby chair they had in the room and waited for his band partner, or well, boyfriend, if we're being specific.

The boy went on his phone while waiting, and sure enough, after a couple of minutes, his band partner, better known as Xiao, or Alatus on stage, came out of the changing room.

"Finally, your done! It feels like I've been waiting forever!" Venti said, getting up from his chair and over to his boyfriend. His boyfriend only rolled his eyes.

"Enough drama, you took more than an hour," Xiao responded, being as straightforward as ever.

"Well, my stupid braids wouldn't cooperate with me and there were no hairstylist's at the studio today! They were all were out sick, so I had to make do with what I had, okay?" Venti puffed up his cheeks, causing the other man to chuckle.

"Alright, alright." Xiao said, a small smile appearing on his face. Xiao had a soft spot for Venti, there was no denying it, and even Xiao himself was embarrassed to say so.

"Oohh.. What's going on with this?" Venti asked, poking at Xiao's jacket. Xiao was wearing one of those goth boy jackets, but fewer spikes for safety precautions. Plus, Xiao's manager would never allow him to wear that in a million years. "Hehe... I like this. You should dress like this more often~!" Venti said flirtatiously. Xiao slightly blushed and looked away, causing Venti to giggle.

"Ahem- anyways, we should get on stage before one of Ms. Ningguang's employees starts yelling at us. She didn't hire us to sing for nothing." Xiao said, trying to change the subject like he always did when he was flustered. He walked away from Venti and went over to his bass guitar case, unzipping the case to get his bass out.

"But I want to spend time with you!" Venti complained, his cheeks puffing out.

"There's time after the show, hun." Xiao said, carefully getting his bass out of it's case. Venti didn't say anything and only headed off to the stage, Xiao soon following him once he put his guitar strap on himself.

Venti went up onto the stage, each and every person at the concert cheering as loud as they could when he arrived. Venti giggled and waved, he always loved going on stage, just seeing everyone in the crowd enjoying his show made everything worth it to him.

Venti skipped over to the microphone stand in front of the stage and grabbed the microphone off it's stand.

"Is everyone ready for our show tonight?" He asked energetically to his audience. The crowd responded with a loud yes. "Well, your all in for a treat! Let's get this show on the road, shall we?" Venti cheered as he started singing. Xiao followed up by starting his bass playing. The crowd started singing the lyrics of Venti's song with him, which was usual for almost any live performances.

This went on for the next couple of songs. Venti's voice did crack from time to time, but to be completely honest, he didn't care, he was still having as much fun as ever, and really, that's the only thing be cared about at the moment.

"Okay, who's ready for our last song of the night, yeah?" Venti asked the crowd, who answered with an ear-bleeding yes. Venti quietly snickered and started up his last song of the night, Xiao getting the queue and starting to play the instrumental on his bass.

Venti sang his heart out on this song in particular, and soon Xiao joined in for a duet, causing multiple cheers from the audience. During the end of their duet, Venti went over to Xiao, giving him a flirtatious look.

Venti, not really thinking twice, grabbed Xiao by the bottom of his chin and pulled him in for a quick kiss on the last verse of their duet. Xiao froze up for a second, his face turning red, but kissed back anyway. Venti only chuckled and then pulled away, continuing his show like nothing ever happened. Xiao's face was completely red but somehow managed to not break his persona and continued playing his guitar.

Soon, Venti ended the song, causing a uproar of cheers from the audience. "Hehe, I hope you all loved the show tonight!" Venti said, having a large and joyous smile on his face. He carefully put the microphone back on its stand and went backstage, Xiao soon following him.

"Goodness, my throat now hurts like hell! I'm gonna lose my voice by the end of today, jeez.." Venti's cheeks puffed up again while he crossed his arms, sitting back down on the same chair as earlier.

"Venti, what was that all about-? You know, about the on stage kiss or whatever." Xiao asked his boyfriend, still as red and flustered as he was on stage.

"PFFT- Your face! Goodness, you're so fun to tease.." Venti chuckled, causing Xiao to only blush more. "But that was me showing my love for you to the world! We already are public about our relationship, what's the big deal?"

"I know that, but you almost made me break persona back there." Xiao sighed, sitting down next to him.

"Aww.. sorry, I guess I wasn't thinking straight.. well, thinking.. gay? Whatever, you get my point!" Venti apologized, well, I guess in his own special way. "Hmm... ooh! What about I get you some almond tofu to apologize?" Xiao perked his head up slightly.

"You really know how to get under my skin, don't you?" Xiao asked, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Yep! And that's why you love me!" Venti grinned, Xiao playfully rolling his eyes at the boy, embarrassed and still flustered. "Heheh.. well, I'm going go change out of these clothes, their so damn uncomfortable and tight, wait there, okay?" Venti said, Xiao nodding in response. The braided hair boy skipped off to his changing room, Xiao watching him as he left.

Goodness, never had he ever loved someone that much.