in simple words; i love you.

[tw: this oneshot has a minor mention of alcohol/drinking and smoking, if you feel uncomfortable, don't read or just don't read the bottom half of xiao's speech, ty <3]

Another day, another day to run away from the stress from his problems. This was what Venti's weekends were like most of the time, a getaway from being Mr. Popular and having to act like the perfect and ideal guy straight out of a movie film. He was utterly sick of the act, but he didn't want to lose everything he built to have, and on top of it; all of his friends.

Venti sighed, frowning as he sat down on his desk chair. The boy picked up his gel pen, starting where he left off yesterday with all his song lyrics. He was a passionate singer, and always wanted to create music ever since he knew what the concept of music was. However, he never had time to fully pursue it due to the fear and embarrassment of the other members of the popular kid's finding out and teasing him about it non-stop.

"Venti!" The braided hair boy heard, seeming to be coming outside his house. The boy grunted, placing his pen down onto his mountain load of scrapped music lyrics, heading over to his bedroom window. He unlocked the hatches of his window and lifted his window, the light wind brushing against his face and his braids.

"What do you want now, lover boy? Doesn't your gang need you?" The braided hair boy called back to the person below, who happened to be his boyfriend.

"I ditched them for you, stupid!" His partner, otherwise called by Xiao called back to him, yelling loud enough so his spouse could hear his response.

"Oh my goodness.. stay right there, I'll get the door for you!" Venti called back, closing his window. He rushed out of his room, not caring if he looked like a homeless man or not. Venti headed towards the front of his house, opening the front door so his lover could enter.

"For a delinquent, you're awfully a gentleman... A clingy gentleman, as well." Venti said, holding the door open for Xiao. Xiao softly chuckled and stepped inside Venti's house.

"Well, I have my boundaries, and one of those boundaries is being a bad boyfriend," Xiao responded, closing the front door for Venti.

"Aww... Come here, you!" Venti said, wrapping his arms around Xiao's neck and giving him a mountain load of kisses on his face, mainly on his cheek.

"Okay, okay, that's enough, save that for Valentine's day, sugar," Xiao said with a delighted grin. Venti complied and stopped with the kisses, giggling as his face went pink.

"Let's head to my room, I don't wanna be standing here for a century!" Venti spoke, softly grabbing the other by the wrist and headed upstairs to his bedroom. Xiao only accepted, mainly because he didn't want to hear Venti nag for a good 5 minutes straight.

Venti pulled Xiao into his room and let go of his wrist. Venti went over and sat down on his twin-sized bed, gesturing to the other to sit down next to him. Xiao understood and sat down beside Venti, smiling like a good.

"Soo.. What brings you here, Mr. Bad boy? Must be important to ditch the Yakshas.." Venti asked, tilting his head. Xiao turned to face Venti, grabbing his hands and holding them gently.

"I would consider it an important matter, they can wait for a while," Xiao told, looking Venti in the eyes sincerely. Venti tilted his head, waiting for his lover to respond.

"Well, uh.. I don't want to be a delinquent anymore." Xiao admitted, sighing softly. Venti's face turned from a gentle smile to a look of concern and confusion

"What-? Why? Your gang depends on you!" Venti responded, starting at his lover with an apprehensive look.

"Look, Venti, I love you a lot, and I don't think I've said that as much as I'd like to." Xiao started, caressing Venti's hand. "You're my first love who loves me for me, not for the status or for only my looks. My gang is special to me, they're all like family to me, but the atmosphere and attitudes of the members are slowly getting more toxic over time. I feel like I'm starting to join in with some of their bad habits and attitudes, like smoking and drinking." Xiao confessed, letting go of Venti's hands.

"I want to be my best self for you, and I think the start of that is quitting the delinquent business and leaving my gang," Xiao stated, a small smile appearing on his face. Venti looked choked up and pulled Xiao in for a big bear hug.

"Goodness, how in a million years did I get his lucky?" Venti smiled, seeming on the verge of tears from Xiao's declaration. "You're such an incredible person, Xiao. The other popular kids have always bugged me about why I'm dating you and not someone less of a delinquent and more to their toxic popular kid standards, but I stick to my answer each time. You're the kindest, sweetest, and most loving person in the entire world! Your willing to do anything to make me smile or so I can be happy, and even willing to change without any complains for that to happen." Venti stopped to catch his breathe, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"You also love me for me. Not because I seem like everyone's prince charming or so you can brag about dating the most popular kid at school, it's because you love me for the true me, and that's why I love you so god damn much." Venti confessed, small tears streaming down his cheek.

"I can say all those compliments right back at you. You're the light of my life, an angel to my eyes. I would be heartbroken if I saw you sad by my stupid actions and behaviors." Xiao said.

"Stop, your making me cry!" Venti sniffled, hiding his face, shy. Xiao chuckled and removed Venti's hands from his face, then pulled him in for a soft but passionate kiss. Venti closed his eyes and kissed back, embracing the current moment. The two soon both pulled away, Venti quietly laughing.

"You know, I wish I could just prove to everyone that you are not a bad person, that you're so much more than a trouble maker. They won't even give me a chance. Even though I'm the ringleader of the popular kids, my honest opinions are the complete damn opposite of popular." Venti sighed, his face telling that he was upset.

"You may not be able to prove I am a good person, but I'll try and prove it, even if it means getting horrible looks from the members of the gang, or I guess you can say ex-gang." Xiao started, cupping Venti's cheek and wiping his tears away gently. Venti giggled, butterflies forming in his stomach.

"Man, I wish I could stay the night, but my parents want me home by sunset for whatever reason," Xiao said, removing his hand from Venti's cheek with a sigh.

"Aw man.. well, you can always text me, y'know!" Venti replied, attempting to get his lover in a better mood.

"I will, babe," Xiao said with a grin. Venti's face turned a tint of red as he stood up, Xiao following suit. The two lovebirds both went downstairs and stopped at Venti's front door.

"Text me when you get home, and no texting and walking, okay? I don't want you having 15 skull fractures by the time you're home!" Venti warned, sounding like every mother in the world, which earned a chuckle from the other boy.

"I'll be safe, pinky promise. I'll try and come over next Friday if I can." Xiao responded, earning a cheerful nod from Venti. Xiao smiled and gave Venti one final kiss on the cheek before heading out of his house. Venti energetically waved at his lover as he rushed back to his house, the sun slowly starting to set by the horizon.