chapter four

Eliza Avery

Last night was crazy. I don't know what got into me to make that happen. I guess it's the Nate Jacobs spell. It's common around here.

Rue :)
Whatcha doing?

Not too much wbu

Rue :)
Wanna come over?

Sure, be there in a few.

I had been awake for a couple hours, with no plans. My parents still weren't back yet, and my siblings were off doing whatever their plans were. I didn't really keep up with them, they always texted my parents about stuff.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself, could I go in public looking like this? I guess.

I had on an oversized hoodie and biker shorts, Rue wouldn't be in anything much different than this. I grabbed my phone and house keys, and walked downstairs to my bike in the garage. I opened the door and rode my bike out, closing the garage with the keypad on the outside of the door. I put my airpods in, and drove to Rue's house.

I started pedaling down the road, passing houses i've always seen on my rides around town, but today the world was brighter. The past couple weeks it's been hazy here, so the new sight of sunshine was refreshing. I pulled up to Rue's house and parked my bike outside. I knocked on the front door, and waited.

"Hey Eliza! I haven't seen you in forever." Gia said, greeting me with her huge smile. She pulled into a hug, "Ugh I missed you Gia." I said.

Me and Rue just haven't spent as much time together as we did before she overdosed. She was a different person when she came out of rehab. She was still one of my best fiends, but her vibe was off. Almost like she was keeping secrets from all of us.

I walked in the house still chatting with Gia, when Rue walked into the kitchen. "How was your summer Gia?" I asked. "It was pretty good!" She said. "We're gonna just hang out in here, if you need anything let us know." Rue said, ending the conversation between me and Gia and pointing towards her bedroom down the hall.

I walked with her to her room, and plopped onto her bed. "So what's the plan for today?" I asked. "No plan. I was thinking maybe we could just catch up. We haven't done that in a while." She said with a small smile. I smiled back, "Yeah, sounds good." I replied. "So I met this really cool girl at the party the other night, and I think we should all hang out. She's super cool." She said.

"Really?! Who is she?" I asked. "Her name is Jules. She's new." She said. "Wait I met her. She's super cool. I like her. Also where did you go at that party I like hardly saw you." I said. "Wait you met her already? isn't she cool? and I was outside with Fezco for a while and then I left with Jules." She said. "Yeah! I really like her. What's she doing right now? and Fez was there too? I'm so confused. I never saw y'all." I said.

"I could text her and ask." She said. "Do that." I said. She went nose deep into her phone texting Jules to join our crew for the day. "She said we can go to her house and hang out." She said a few seconds later. "Sounds good." I said.

I got off the bed grabbing my phone and seeing I had notifications.

Nate
Where are you going?

Why were you spying on me?

Nate
I was just wondering.

I'm with Rue.

Nate
I wanna see you when you get back.

Okay.

I responded quickly, and looked up seeing Rue was staring at me. "Who are you texting ma'am?" She asked. " Nate." I said. "Fuck Nate Jacobs." She said. "Hey!" I said, defending him. "I know, I know. You're besties but he still fucking sucks." She said throwing her hands up in defense.