-'03

CHAPTER THREE
ପଓ
What are the odds?

•••

It was a beautiful morning in New York.

The sky had flecks of pinks and oranges as the sun rays started to look over the tall buildings.

The sounds of the city waking up could be heard outside the window.

The passing people and cars, going home from a nigh shift, a late crazy party, or getting ready for a new day, making their way to the wonders that awaited them out there.

The birds started to sing, and the fresh cold air could be felt.

It was a wonderful morning. A wonderful morning to be asleep.

At least, that was Lysander's plan—Emphasis in was.

"Lysander, wake up!" A very annoying voice said.

"Five more minutes" Lysander complained, hugging his pillow even more.

The figure whose annoying voice came from moved towards the window and opened the curtains.

The sunrise light illuminated his room, shining directly in his face.

Lysander whined and covered himself with the blankets.

The annoying figure pulled the blankets away, "Get moving Lysander! I don't have the whole day!"

Lysander turned around and checked his clock on the bedside table— 7:28 a.m.

"It's seven in the bloody morning!" He turned away from the figure and covered his face with the pillow he was previously hugging.

"Come on! Look, the sky looks so beautiful, don't you want to watch the sunrise?"

"But it's a Saturday!" Lysander complained yet again.

"WAKE.UP." The extremely annoying figure said, while hitting him with another pillow.

"Alright, alright!" Lysander exclaimed, sitting up to stop the figure from hitting him more, "I'm up, I'm up!"

Lysander squinted his eyes due the light. He blinked a few times before seeing correctly.

For a moment he thought a shapeshifter was standing in front of him, then he  remembered he has a twin brother.

"Blimey Lorcan," Lysander yawned, "what's your problem this morning?"

"My problem is that I got an extra shift today, and I'm going to be late if your lazy arse doesn't move!" Lorcan reproached as he made his way towards the closet.

"Late for what?" Lysander asked as he stretched.

"Don't tell me you forgot!" Lorcan threw him some clothes from the closet.

"Well I wouldn't be asking if I knew what are you talking about." Lysander retorted while getting the clothes Lorcan threw his way off his face.

"Today I'm running the investigation of the Nebula Plant without the assistance from a superior, and you said you would come help me with the papers!"