this is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween (part 2)

I spent dinner paranoid and receiving concerned glances from Draco. 

"I'm fi-" my thought cut off when I saw Quarell run into the middle of Great Hall gathering the eyes of students and the staff. He stops in the middle trembling. 

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON!" he shudders "thought you should know"  before he falls face forward onto the ground supposedly fainted.

So there's the mention of the troll. I share a glance at Draco, who now looks terrified and screams. When he looks away panicked and tugs me up off the table I send a glance at Medusa. I nod and she once again falls off my arm and makes it safely away from stampeding feet.  I run with Slytherin as our prefects try and direct us to safety but it was difficult because last we heard the troll was in the DUNGEON and that was where our COMMON ROOM IS. So I showed a bit of panic about this.

The troll had moved to another area of the castle so we made it safely to the Slytherin den. I plopped on a leather chair my legs over one side of the armrest and my head resting on another. Draco faceplanted onto the couch next to me, Crabbe and Goyle were on the floor a few feet from us, and Pansy who seemed to come out of nowhere laid face-up on the soft carpets lining the stone floor.

I closed my eyes in an attempt to slow my fast-beating heart. After a few moments of deep breathing, I opened my eyes focusing on the patterns the water reflection was making on the ceiling. A perk of being in this house is we get to see into the black lake. Seeing mermaids, a tentacle, or two from the Kraken, and the occasional schools of fish.

The Mermaids would come often to gaze through our windows so much that the whole house of Slytherin learned and taught Sign Language so we could communicate. Though often it led to the conclusion of drowning others when we talk about classmates, not in Slytherin.

One swan by and got my attention. 'what's up with you all?' she signs as she looks at the various collapsed students.

'troll in the castle. We all had to run in here to be safe' I sign quickly as I sit upright to look at the mermaid.

'drown troll?' she suggests.

I chuckle 'the professors are taking care of it'

'weak' she signs before swimming off. 

I sink back into the chair tired. Looking to the door I hope Medusa is alright and I wonder how she'll come back.

"I'm going to bed" I mumble as I'm getting up "Goodnight Draco and everyone else" trudging up the stairs to my dormitory. I take off my robe as I walk and loosen my tie.

~~~

Word spread quickly about the troll and how Potter and Co. dealt with it in the girl's bathroom. That earned a scoff from the entire Slytherin house. Draco and I, mostly Draco being annoyed about this.

Medusa joined me when I left the common room for breakfast. 

Quarrell was heading to a room on the third floor but Professor Snape, your Uncle cut him off from whatever is in that room Medusa informs

"Third floor?" I speak in a whisper as we take an unpopular route to my class. "That's the floor Dumbledore said everyone is forbidden from

that makes it a good hiding spot Medusa reasons

"you have a point" My mind whirring with ideas of what Quarrell and my father could want.

what are you going to do Medusa's tongue flicked over her lips

"What can I do but wait and see" I mumble in parseltongue

and Draco? Medusa asks

"Will not be involved... at least not yet" My eyes find Draco at the table. "I want to keep him safe for as long as possible" He is everything to me and we'll be in it together if and when my father rises. 

you can't do this alone 

"I won't be alone" My eyes glitter as I continue my walk to my spot beside Draco. "as long as I have my family"