HOMEMADE DYNAMITE

Your head is pounding but you pay it no attention. Your eyes are focused on the boy before you, the one with pale skin and big eyes. Ben. His hands are on either side of your face and for once, he isn't smiling when he looks at you. The music beats in time with your heart, making the ground shake viciously.

But then he's pulling back, looking off in the distance. "We should all get going."

"Might get Poe to drive but he can hardly see." You reply, wishing Bens warms hands were still on you.
He smirks slightly, letting out a hum. Then Ben says something and you realise that you've had the best night in your entire existence. It makes you think that life on this base won't be so bad if you stick by him and his group of rebel pilots.

"I guess we're partying."

If you had known that party would be a catalyst for immense change in everybody's life, you're not sure that you would have agreed to go. Living your life on the base has never been something you aspired to do. You actually quite enjoyed being a part of the Resistance but you enjoyed doing your own thing, not having members watching over you 24/7. But since you were transferred to the D'Qar Resistance Base, it's something you're going to have to get used to.

Stepping from the ship, you look around at the base. It's so full of life. There are people everywhere and each of them look like they're on a mission. Every face that passes you is filled with determination.

"This way, Miss Y/L/N." Your pilot states, gesturing to a far off building. You nod at her, giving her a thankful smile but you can't focus on anything except your sight.

There are so many pilots rushing about, cleaning their speeders, all covered in the bright orange uniforms that you're so used to seeing. Holding your luggage in your hand, your eyes are focused on the indistinct chatter coming from one of the many hangar bays.

A boy around your age stands there, his helmet in his hands as he rests against the entrance to the hangar. His hair is nearly shoulder length, shiny and black. Even from far away his eyes are piercing, contrasting to his pale skin.

Beside him sits another boy in the same orange uniform, his hair is also dark and long but unlike the first boy his skin is tan. The two have a conversation that looks as if it's heated. They argue slightly, looking around hurriedly as if they're waiting for someone to arrive. You don't avert your eyes as the first boy turns to look at you, his gaze landing on yours. You can see the corner of his lips inch upwards as he grins. You're about to return it but a voice from in front of you breaks your intense focus on the two boys, who are now accompanied by another friend.

"Y/N," General Organa smiles, her arms placed formally at her sides, "Welcome to D'Qar."

You smile at her, bowing your head as a sign of respect, "Thank you, General. I'm eager to begin my work here."

Nodding, she wonders why she sees so much of herself in you. She once had the same eagerness and determination. Leia decides right then and there that you'll fit right in. "That's lovely, Y/N." She states, giving you a warm smile, "But we generally give our transfer around a week of rest before introductions and information tours begin."

"Oh." You nod. "That's good too."

"Don't worry. You'll be contributing soon, I'm sure. You seem extremely promising." Leia tells you just as her eyes catch onto something in the distance, "Now if you don't mind, I have a deviant son to check up on." She forces a tight smile, raising her eyebrows slightly.

As she walks off, your eyes follow her closely. She marches over to the group you were once observing near the bay. Her son? You had never heard of him, you didn't know General Leia and Han Solo ever had a son.