Part 2

*844*

"Mom? Where's dad? And why are we here?"
"Well, honey, dad was given a special offer by the government. You know that dad is helping people." Y/n nodded and waited for her mom to continue. "He's going to look after people in the underground." Y/n frowned at this. "There are people who need to be protected. That's why we're here, we are moving." Worry was written on Y/n's face. "But mom, isn't it dangerous for us to be here? Murderers, thugs, criminals live here." she averted her eyes from her mothers. "

Her mom hugged her and then started walking again. They walked for a while until they reached the underground gate. There were 2 guys at the entrance. "Hello, may I help you madam?" asked one of them. "Hello. I'm Mrs. L/n. My husband is the new commander in charge here," she told him. He nodded and called for his colleague. "Just a minute," he said before he disappeared.

"Greetings my darlings," both females turned around. Y/n just waved. Her mom on the other hand came to hug him and exclaimed,  "Oh honey, I missed you!"  He hugged her back and kissed her on the cheek. And just like that, step by step, stair by stair, their future changed.

Once they were down they walked through the streets, turned a few corners, passed some stores and market stalls.

Soon enough there was a small two-story house standing in front of them. "Here it is. Our new home," said her father while pulling out a key from his pocket. He unlocked the door and turned the lights on. Girls walked in right after him. "Should we go exploring?" Y/n asked curiously. "Sure thing, duckling," father replied as he changed into his slippers.

*it looked something like this*
⬇️ ground floor ⬇️

*it looked something like this*⬇️ ground floor ⬇️

⬇️1st floor⬇️

The tour ended in Y/ns room, where she put all her clothes into the closet

The tour ended in Y/ns room, where she put all her clothes into the closet. Dad needed to leave for business reasons while mom was preparing dinner. Y/n's room was nice, she was satisfied with it. Even though it was darker in the underground, it was still beautiful. She had her room painted in light blue. The room was quite a big one, but it was full in no time with all the stuff she had. She loved candles. So in every corner on every surface, there were candles.

"Y/n! Come help me!" yelled her mom from downstairs. Y/n came down and headed to the kitchen. "How can I help, mom?" she asked sweetly. "Could you set the table? We're having spaghetti," said mom while she was reaching for seasonings. Y/n set the table. Then she started preparing ice tea. While the water was in the kettle, she prepared a jar with all things needed for ice tea. Her dad's favorite drink.

"So, uhm, mom, I was thinking, and, um, wondering," Y/n scratched the back of her neck and laughed awkwardly. "What is it, duckling?" her mom asked. "Since we're going to be living here for a while, am I not gonna go to school again?" Y/n said with her eyes glued to the kettle. "Well, honey, since I'm not going to work anymore, and since we can't go to the surface often you shouldn't attend that special university we talked about. You're very clever. We can buy you books with topics you'd like to learn on your own," mom replied with a smile on her face. Y/n just nodded. They continued to prepare dinner in silence.

The door closed. The sound of clothes being taken off could be heard. Dad walked into the bathroom to clean up. Then he came to the dining room and sat down. "Hello, my darlings," he said. "Hi, Dad," Y/n said as she came with a tray with ice tea on it, " I made you your favorite ice tea." Dad smiled and said: "that's indeed very sweet of you." Y/n handed him a glass of ice tea. Then her mom came with a bowl full of spaghetti with tomato sauce and meatballs. "Hi, hun, how was your day?" she asked. "It was bearable, we have some thugs down here that are terrorizing the citizens, but it looks like they mean no harm, they are just kids. Anyway. I'm glad I'm home. And thank you for the dinner," he said and started eating.

After dinner, Y/n went to her room. She lied on her bed, head turned to the window. Thinking: "I don't get it. Why wouldn't they tell me anything? I don't want to be here. Argh! This is the worst! I needed to leave my friends behind, and for what? To catch some kids who can't behave? This is so unfair!" She was furious. Very emotional at this point. Yet, her train of thoughts continued: "... Yes, very sad, anyway, mom said we can still go up to the surface, so there's still a chance for me to meet my friends. I just need to make new ones here. It shouldn't be that hard. I always made lots of friends. But, well, these people are different. No! I'm not gonna judge them until I know them. They are humans as well. It should be fine. " She kept thinking until she fell asleep. It was a hard day full of emotions and changes. She deserved peaceful night sleep.