Summer Peach

Zoro reaches forward, grabbing the butter to spread butter on his slice of toast. His uncle smiles at him from where he stood in the kitchen. His uncle moves to the table, standing across from Zoro. He set his cup of tea down first, then slides the chair out from under the table to sit down.

"Zoro... about your father," his uncle starts, Zoro pauses, "he wants to talk to you. Will you not?" He asks sitting down. Zoro stares straight into his uncle's eyes.

"Over my dead body." Zoro says firmly and serious. Zoro's uncle knew Zoro didn't say that as a joke, he's serious. They don't joke about death, not after Kuina's (his cousin) accident. Zoro is serious about not seeing his father which he could say he is a little thankful for. They need to talk but at the moment Zoro's father doesn't know what he's going to say or why. He needs to think about if he's going to accept Zoro or not. Until then it's best they don't see each other. They need to stay away from each other for now.

"I've got to get to school." Zoro says, he grabs his school bag and runs out.

"Zoro!" his uncle yells, he looks down at Zoro's empty plate about to tell him he should finish, but seeing his plate done he smiles at Zoro who turn to look at him. "Have fun at school." His uncle tells him. Zoro smiles at him.

"I will! Bye!" Zoro shouts with a wave as he runs out. Zoro's uncle shakes his head with a smile. He's glad Zoro seems better than when he showed up in Bonney's arms beat up. It was a shock to learn who caused that. It hurt when they all worked to help Zoro's body heal.

He looks out the window at the training ground, the bright green grass, the floor and the trees with a smile on his face. Summer is almost here. He puts the edge of his cup to his mouth. He breathes into his cup, cooling the hot tea, then starts drinking it. This summer is going to be filled.

Ah, the summer of youth.

***

Sanji scrolls through his phone, like always he's at school early, one of first to the classroom. He smiles at the couples posting pictures of each other cuddling or kissing, just being happy. He and Zoro have been dating again for a month. They've been going slower than normal, they've been on multiple dates and they haven't even held hands again. Sanji doesn't care about that but it has been able to let him think about things, like going on a date with Zoro. Not Zoro dressed up as Peach but just Zoro.

He doesn't mind Zoro dressing as a girl but he wouldn't mind Zoro just showing up. He hasn't been able to address this to Zoro because of how happy Zoro always seems dressing up as a girl. Sanji turns his head as he sees Zoro walking in, they meet each others eyes. Sanji gives Zoro a grin, in return Zoro gives him a nod with a small grin.

He would like to talk to Zoro during school. Their relationship isn't a secret, his friends know he's dating someone and Zoro's friends know they are dating but at school they don't talk much, only when they have to or it's an accident. Like the teacher needs help moving boxes, Zoro and Sanji would be picked. Or when it's time to pair up they'd get picked together again and Sanji loves those moments and he can't wait for those days to come but he wish he didn't have to. He would love to be able to just walk up to Zoro and hang out with him without people thinking it's weird but he knows that can't happen, at least not anytime soon.

It is shocking to see Zoro walk into class without Nami next to him. Usually they walk in at the same time together. Sanji looks around to see there weren't many people in class yet, maybe he can use the time to talk to Zoro. He's about to, after gathering the courage to but in walks Usopp so Sanji slumps back in his seat as his friend comes to sit in his seat, in front of the blonde. Then Nami and Robin come in. Nami ignores him, which isn't unusual, she could care less about him. Sanji looks to Zoro happily talking to the girls. Something good must have happened to Robin because it look like they were congratulating her on something.