Polyphemus Caught Nobody

Y/n Pov:

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated. 

Damn, he just doesn't realize how stupid that sounds, right?

No, but I love it.

We crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air. The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs. 

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!" 

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy. 

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You guys—" 

"No way," we said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectable ram's-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack. I summoned my bow and arrow.

We should really name that thing.

Yeah. (A/N: No, really, we should. Guys, any ideas?)

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled. 

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisseabout something. 

"All right," Percy said. "Attack plan Macedonia." 

We nodded. We'd all taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood. I knew what Percy was talking about. They would sneak around either side and attack the Cyclops from the flanks while I held his attention in the front. Probably what this meant was that we'd all die instead of just me, but I was grateful for the help. 

I hefted my bow and shouted, "Hey, Ugly!" 

The giant whirled toward me. "Another one? Who are you?" 

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you." 

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you crispy nipple! I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again." 

"RAAAR!" he bellowed. 

The good news: he dropped Annabeth. The bad news: he dropped her headfirst onto the rocks, where she lay motionless as a rag doll. 

The other bad news: Polyphemus barreled toward me, a thousand smelly pounds of Cyclopsthat I would have to fight with a very small sword. 

"For Pan!" Grover rushed in from the right. He threw his sheep bone, which bounced harmlessly off the monster's forehead. Clarisse ran in from the left and set her spear against the ground just in time for the Cyclops to step on it. He wailed in pain, and Clarisse dove out of the way to avoid getting trampled. But the Cyclops just plucked out the shaft like a large splinter and kept advancing on me.  Percy moved in with Riptide. The monster grabbed me. I rolled aside as Percy stabbed him in the thigh. 

I was hoping to see him disintegrate, but this monster was much too big and powerful. 

"Get Annabeth!" I yelled at Grover. 

He rushed over, grabbed her invisibility cap, and picked her up while Clarisse and I tried to keep Polyphemus distracted. 

I have to admit, Clarisse was brave. She charged the Cyclops again and again. He pounded the ground, stomped at her, grabbed at her, but she was too quick. And as soon as she made an attack, Percy followed up by stabbing the monster in the toe or the ankle or the hand. I shot arrows at the monster's eyes, which just made him angrier. But we couldn't keep this up forever. Eventually, we would tire or the monster would get in a lucky shot. It would only take one hit to kill us.