We Leave Thanks To Luck & A Hippocampi

Y/n Pov:

"Ugh," I groaned at the Cyclops. "You're like Mondays. No one likes you!"

"Swim for it!" Grover said. 

He and Clarisse plunged into the surf. Annabeth hung on to Clarisse's neck and tried to paddle with one hand, the wet Fleece weighing her down. 

But the monster's attention wasn't on the Fleece. 

"You, young Cyclops!" Polyphemus roared. "Traitor to your kind!" 

Tyson froze. 

"Don't listen to him!" I pleaded. "Come on." 

I pulled Tyson's arm, but I might as well have been pulling a mountain. He turned and faced the older Cyclops. "I am not a traitor." 

"You serve mortals!" Polyphemus shouted. "Thieving humans!" 

Polyphemus threw his first boulder. Tyson swatted it aside with his fist. 

"Not a traitor," Tyson said. "And you are not my kind." 

"Death or victory!" Polyphemus charged into the surf, but his foot was still wounded. He immediately stumbled and fell on his face. That would've been funny, except he started to get up again, spitting saltwater and growling. 

"Percy! Y/n!" Clarisse yelled. "Come on!" 

They were almost to the ship with the Fleece. If we could just keep the monster distracted a little longer... 

"Go," Tyson told us. "I will hold Big Ugly." 

"No!" exclaimed Percy. "He'll kill you."

"We'll fight him together," I said. 

"Together," Tyson and Percy agreed.

Percy drew Riptide and I got my bow and arrow.

Polyphemus advanced carefully, limping worse than ever. But there was nothing wrong with his throwing arm. He chucked his second boulder. Percy and I dove to one side, but we still would've been squashed if Tyson's fist hadn't blasted the rock to rubble. 

Percy willed the sea to rise. A twenty-foot wave surged up, lifting Percy on its crest. He rode toward the Cyclops and kicked him in the eye, leaping over his head as the water blasted the Cyclops onto the beach. 

"Destroy you!" Polyphemus spluttered. "Fleece stealer!" 

"You stole the Fleece!" I yelled. "You've been using it to lure satyrs to their deaths!" 

"So? Satyrs good eating!" 

"The Fleece should be used to heal! It belongs to the children of the gods!" shouted Percy. 

"I am a child of the gods!" Polyphemus swiped at me, but I sidestepped. "Father Poseidon, curse this thief!" 

He was blinking hard now as he could barely see, and I realized he was targeting us by the sound of our voice. 

"Poseidon won't curse me," Percy said, backing up as the Cyclops grabbed air. "I'm his son, too. He won't play favourites." 

Polyphemus roared. He ripped an olive tree out of the side of the cliff and smashed it where I'd been standing a moment before. "Humans, not the same! Nasty, tricky, lying!" 

Grover was helping Annabeth aboard the ship. Clarisse was waving frantically at me, telling me to come on. 

Tyson worked his way around Polyphemus, trying to get behind him.

"Young one!" the older Cyclops called. "Where are you? Help me!" 

Tyson stopped. 

"You weren't raised right!" Polyphemus wailed, shaking his olive tree club. "Poor orphaned brother! Help me!"