I Don't Want Easy. Elizabeth, I Want You.

Hope explains why she killed Lizzie.

Could be a continuation of "There's Your Damn Butterfly Clip."

"You're never going to trust me again, are you?" Hope asked quietly, eyeing the blonde siphoner rifling through the desk.

"You put my dad in a coma, you lied to me, and then you killed me. So, no, Hope, I'm never going to trust you again." Lizzie punctuated the end of her sentence with the slam of a drawer. 

"I'm sorry for all of that -"

"Stop." Lizzie held up the glass ball in her hand. "This might help." She tossed the ball to Hope, who caught it effortlessly. "Now say it again."

Hope stared down at the heavy orb in her hand. It was warm in her cold palm. She hated that this was what Lizzie had to resort to.

"Lizzie, I mean it. I'm sorrier for that than I am for anything else in my life." The ball glowed blue, and Hope's eyes shone with tears.

It was true. Nothing compared to the guilt she felt when she thought about snapping Lizzie's neck. She didn't want to imagine what would happen if she hadn't come back to life. 

"And I'm not just sorry for killing you, but for killing you because you … I don't - it scared me, Lizzie." The ball never stopped glowing blue, even as Hope struggled to find the right words. "When you said you loved me. Because it made feel something when I wasn't supposed to feel anything, and because the last person who loved me like that ended up dead. So, I - I beat the universe to the punchline. I just rushed to the end. I killed you myself, because it was easier to lose two loves than to lose one and constantly be waiting to lose the other, but … but I …" Hope smiled gently, white teeth illuminated by the soft blue light. "I don't want easy. Elizabeth, I want you."

Lizzie didn't uncross her arms. She didn't move a muscle. "What are you saying, Hope?"

"I'm saying … I want you. All of it. Even the part where I will probably, maybe, most definitely lose you one day." Hope stepped closer to Lizzie with every sentence. "Because it's worth it. You're worth it, because I love you, Elizabeth Saltzman."

Lizzie's cold exterior finally broke, and she reached for Hope's face hovering just below hers. Time stopped as she stared into Hope's big, blue eyes. Her face grew warm under her hands. 

It felt like an eternity had stretched out before Lizzie finally met Hope's lips with hers and then another eternity before Lizzie had to take a breath.

"I love you, Hope Mikaelson."