V. Left To Suffer

V. LEFT TO SUFFER
Season Two, Episodes Two & Three

    LEFT TO SUFFERSeason Two, Episodes Two & Three

     Dani awoke with a sharp inhale of breath. Every inch of her body ached. She coughed, though her throat was far too dry and hurt immensely.

"Argh!" The scream only made the pain in her side worse, but she couldn't help it. She assumed that the pain only came from the fall or maybe even the rocks, though when she down, she noticed a sharp, bloody twig, lodged into her waist.

She used her arm to lift herself up and grabbed the twig with her free hand. She didn't want to think about what she was going to do. She didn't want to take long doing so, either.

Quick pull, then done.

Dani pulled the twig out and it sent shock waves of pain throughout her entire body. Her side was bleeding, her arms were bleeding, her head, her back. And she was caked with dirt all over her body. She pushed herself up off the muddy ground. She wasn't in too deep of a hole to get out of. So Dani wasted no time in her attempt of freedom. Freedom to where exactly, she wasn't sure considering she had no clue which way the highway was.

She dug her fingers deep into the mud and pushed herself up. Every muscle and bone in her body was on fire, she was in dire need of some water, and she needed to find the group to make sure they didn't leave without her. So she forced herself to pull on the tree trunk at the top and pull herself up.

Dani tumbled over on the grass and laughed in victory. Looking at the hole she was in from where she was now, it didn't look deep at all. She stood as best she could, picked a direction to walk in, and walked.

She clung onto every tree or branch that she could so she wouldn't fall over again, and when she was finally able to see a clearing of the woods, she heard the growls. She didn't know which direction they were coming from. And so she started running—or rather her feeble attempt at running—to the clearing. Cries of pain left her chapped lips as she moved. She almost wished she could still be back in that nightmare again, at least then she'd be painless.

She assumed she was seeing things when she caught sight of a horse, speeding away with two people on the back of it.

She would've went after it if it weren't for the familiar sound of an arrow. And so she walked in that direction.

Low and behold, Dani stumbled upon Glenn, Daryl, Carol, and Andrea, who was laying on the ground in shock. "Was that a horse?" She blurted, everyone's eyes turned to her and stuck there.

They took in her current state: covered in blood, mud, cuts and forming bruises. Carol walked forward and put her hands on both sides of Dani's face, and Dani frowned. Carol knew why, but she didn't say anything. Instead, they took Dani back to where they were still located on the highway.