Chapter 1

Fear. 

Fear was the first emotion you felt as you looked over those papers in Isabella's office.  You were just a kid, 8 years old, and realised what hid behind that gate. You shuffled the documents back together, making sure you put them  in order. A mysterious boy with black hair leaned on the door frame, watching you.  

'' So, you know now too huh?'' 

You jumped, sweat trickling down your temple and your heart beating out of your chest. When you realised it was Ray, you let out the biggest sigh indicating your relief.

''You scared me.'' you said, as he looked at you with an intimidating gaze. You could see the light of the dimly lit room in his green eyes. 

"Let's talk somewhere else. Follow me." 

Ray lead you down a hallway. By the end of it, he pulled open two doors that revealed a library. He signaled you follow him to the upper section, in which there was a corner full of pillows of blankets. 

The two of you sat down, and that's when Ray revealed everything to you. You both talked for hours on end about the house, Isabella, the siblings and even the tracking devices. Finally realising the truth, you silently sobbed while Ray hugged you tightly. You could feel tears on your shoulder too and shivering in the small boy that was clutching to the back of your shirt. It was too much for your 8 year old mind to handle. 

At least that's how you remembered it. 

 When you appeared in the new universe, sudden memories flooded your mind. This happened to be one of them. 

It was here, your adventure in the promised neverland began. 

After a long day, it was finally Friday. You unlocked your the door, no one being home after you took the bus. Putting your things away, you climbed the stairs and closed the bathroom door.

'I wonder if it will snow again tomorrow...' You thought, throwing your dirty clothes from school in the laundry basket next to you. 

You step in the shower and twist the handle for the water to come out. Before it fully starts, you step back to avoid the cold water hitting your skin.  

After waiting for a few minutes, the heat from the water steamed up the room, you stepped under the shower.  you sighed contently, releasing all tension from your shoulders. You mind wanders about how your day went, how boring classes were and the memories you had made with your friends. Today, you had gone on a walk with the school in a forest near by. Your entire group had went. You had joined them and watched from afar as they had the time of their life. 

That's what you were, an observer. 

You never had anything interesting going on in your life, ever since the moment you remember, you had always looked at how life passed by for the people around you, never finding the motivation to pursue your own. 

You had to admit, even if it seemed like it didn't bother you, it secretly did. You had always wanted to have something good happen to you, something fun that gives an adrenaline rush. Thinking to yourself, you knew that you had to put effort in it yourself, but you found it easier to blame the world around you instead.  

You finished your shower, dressed in your comfortable clothes and head back downstairs.  

You sat down on your couch and cuddled yourself in your soft blankets, ready to be whisked away to your own little world. Plugging in your headphones, you listened to the soft humming. You sighed, sinking into your couch. It felt almost as Isabella was right next to you, singing and caressing your head.  You found great comfort in the show, and her voice calmed you down so that your insomnia would lay off for a night. Right before  falling asleep, you wondered how it would feel to live in a universe in which you were with the people who you have only ever seen through a screen.