Chapter 4

"Goodbye guys, I promise to write to you all!" Connie said as she clutched her suitcase close to her chest. 

"Goodbye Connie, we'll miss you." said Emma with tears in her eyes. The door of the house closed, and everyone went back to cleaning the dinner table. 

You and Ray looked at each other and had a silent agreement. In a few minutes, Norman and Emma would find out the secret of the house for themselves. Everyone had left the dining room and headed off to wash up before bed. Ray took that opportunity to place Little Bunny on the table, then leaving the room silently. 

You had been sweeping the floors, and when Emma came in while doing the same thing, she saw the plushie. 

"Connie!"

Gilda came in next asking what's wrong. Emma picked up Little Bunny and was hurriedly debating weather to go or not. 

"Go, the light of the gate is still on and I saw mama just recently, Connie hasn't left yet." Ray said, in total calm and control. 

"He's right, let's go Emma." Norman said, as the two of them went through the back door that Norman unlocked, running to catch up with Connie.

You stopped to question yourself. Should you go with them? Should you risk your life and theirs by  going to the Gate? Should you take Little Bunny and make sure Emma and Norman don't get caught for Ray's plan to go smoothly?

You decided against it. The risks outweighed the benefits as you thought to yourself.

'No.. it's too risky. In the manga and the anime, it never showed how those two made it out or when they crawled back out from under the truck. It was better to simply let them make the mistake, since in the future it would give us more information about the real escape. Even if I didn't do anything now, we would still all escape, but Norman would go to Lambda. I'm here to prevent that, and to make the plan turn out more smoothly.'

seeing that you were deep in thought, Ray approached you. 

"They'll be fine." he said, putting a hand on your shoulder. You sighed and lowered your head.  

"No they won't, They'll finally learn the horrid truth. I can already see Emma's smile fading, and Norman becoming more pressured by everything. He's known as the genius of this house, can you imagine how many people will depend on him? Everyone will expect him to have made an escape plan and more. It will be too much, for the both of them."

The boy's eyes softened. He sighed while removing his hand.

"At least it's better than living a lie all these years. We will escape, I know it. Norman and Emma might never be the same again, but at least they'll be safe. If us four can escape together, we can live, I know it."

You looked up at him and smiled. 

'We will live, Ray. Just not in the way you expect.'

For the next hour, the two of you reviewed plans and re affirmed information, taking advantage to talk freely during Isabella's absence. Finally, the time came for Norman and Emma's return. 

The door opened, and as expected, Little Bunny was nowhere to be seen.

Ray's gaze shifted to Emma's empty hands, then back to you. You turned to look at him with an identical expression. 

"How was it?" Ray asked, only to receive an empty response. 

"We didn't make it." 

You couldn't see Emma's expression, although Norman's was loud and clear. A look of a traumatized young boy. His face was scrunched up and paler than usual. His head was slightly tiled down, not enough to hide his face, but avoiding eye contact nonetheless. 

The two went upstairs, and Ray immediately turned to you. 

"Did you see Norman carrying Little Bunny?"

You sighed. 

"No... they didn't have him with them."

Ray muttered curses under his breath while walking around, pulling at his hair. 

"Fuck! Now I have to cover for their stupid mistake." 

"Shh Ray, you'll wake the others. Come on, we can talk about this tomorrow. Let's go to bed. Isabella should be here any minute now." 

He looked at you with a strange expression.

"Why are you calling her by her first name? Cut it out. This is why Norman suspected you in the first place." 

'Shit. I really need to stop, it's a habit from my old reality.' 

"Sorry, sorry. Let's just go, come on."

The two of you went up the stairs silently, then going your separate ways. Ray climbed into his own bed and slept soundly, deciding to take care of the complicated situation to come the next day.

 You on the other hand headed towards the bathroom. You knew Norman was comforting Emma right now, sitting by her bed and whispering soft encouragement to her in a dark space, inches away from her face. You could imagine his voice, his eyes softening at her crying face and the smile he gave her. 

Your chest churned with jealousy. You knew you should feel bad for them, and you do. But while watching this show, your heart couldn't help but be swayed by Norman's charm. You had developed a deep attachment to him, and now that you were in this reality, you had a chance with him. Your jealousy hurt since this was probably the only time you would ever be able to actually be with Norman, a boy you only saw through screens and drawings. He was real, and he loved someone else. 

You opened the door to the bathroom and closed the door. You gripped the side of the sink harshly,  looking up at the mirror in front of you.  You were still in disbelief of everything. You made it to a beautiful, but dangerous place without even knowing how.  You examined your 12 year old face, gently running your hands over your cheeks and sighed, lowering your head.

 'Why did it have to be me?' 

After a few more minutes in the bathroom, you came to your senses. You splashed cold water on yourself and exited the room. While walking down the candle-lit hallway, your eye caught on a white blur in the distance, before it turned to a corner.   

'What...? Is that...no. He should be sleeping by now..' you thought as you quickened your pace. You knew that path was a dead end to a window, and the window's have bars on them to prevent any injuries, so it was impossible not to get caught if someone turned there.  

Reaching the end of the hallway, you peaked your head slightly pass the wall and saw nothing, until you looked down. 

"Norman?" 

A/N AHHH sorry for the cliffhanger! I will write more i promise but for now I hope you guys like this chapter :)) byebye!