5. Emotions

"Delilah?" I felt someone gently shake me. "Delilah, wake up." My eyes fluttered open to be greeted by Luis' mesmerising eyes. "What was you dreaming about?"

"N- nothing why?"

"You was tossing and turning all night, you had me worried." He raised an eyebrow. "I want you to be comfortable enough to tell me how you are feeling and what upsets you."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. "It was about my ex. He wasn't the greatest man and would hurt me sometimes." I sighed and rolled over remembering the horrible dream.

"You're such a fucking idiot, Delilah!" He frustratedly slammed his beer can down on the floor. "No wonder your parents don't love you."

My eyes stung with tears.

"Take that back." I mumbled with tears streaming down my face. "Take that back." I said louder.

"You are a dirty whore!" He stepped closer to me. "You're lucky to even have me because no one else loves you."

"Delilah!"

"Huh?" I blinked and looked up at Luis.

"Why are you crying?" Crying? He wiped my cheek where a tear was falling. "What was you thinking about?"

"It's nothing." I put on a fake smile. "Lets go have some food." He shook his head at me and clutched onto my wrist.

"Is this about your ex?" I shook my head. "Tell me, I want to help."

"How can you help? Huh? He hurt me and there's nothing you or anyone can do." I broke away from him and ran off into the bathroom, locking the door.

— Luis —

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath running a hand through my hair. I didn't mean to upset her, I just wanted to help. I clambered out of bed and made my way downstairs.

"Luis!" I turned on my feet to be greeted by Alex.

"What's up, Alex?"

"We have a meeting today with someone called Hunter Marrone. He will be here at 12pm so make sure Delilah is occupied I do not want her interfering with my business."

"Yes boss." I nodded and continued my way to the kitchen with Alex following behind.

"How is she anyways?" He asked me whilst fetching his coffee. "I noticed she slept in your room last night."

"Yeah she wanted to watch a movie with me and then we accidentally fell asleep." I lied looking down at my plate of food.

"I do love you Luis but if you lie to me again I will cut your tongue off." I widened my eyes and gulped not looking at him. "Do I have to repeat myself?"

I shook my head. "She didn't want to stay with you in your room so I let her stay in mine."

He grunted and sat across from me. "Where is she right now?"

"In my bathroom. I accidentally upset her."

"What?" He raised his voice and stood up. "What did you do to her?"

"She was tossing and turning last night so I asked her about it and she got upset." I put my hands up in defence and backed away as he stalked over to me.

"Now I have to clean up your mess." He stormed out of the kitchen and jogged up the stairs.

I sighed and sat back down staring at my nearly empty plate.

— Alexandro —

"Open the door, Delilah!" I banged my fist on Luis' bathroom door only to be followed by her quiet sobs.

"Why?"

"Because I said so!" I heard the door click and slowly open to reveal a distraught fragile girl. My face instantly softened as I took her into my arms and stroked her hair. Her body tensed up but she quickly relaxed and laid into me.

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden?" She quietly questioned me.

"Shut up." I mumbled softly kissing her gently on her head. "Why are you upset?" Something inside of me wanted to protect her and keep her close to me.

"Just had a nightmare of my ex, nothing to worry about." She whispered. I hugged her tightly before letting her go.

"Want to talk about it?" She shook her head giving me a brave face. "Okay, I have a meeting soon but Luis will be around if you want some company."

"Is Mira around?" She questioned me.

"She should be here soon." I stood up and helped her up. "You need to eat." I took her small hand in mine and led her downstairs to the kitchen where Luis and Rio were laughing.

"What are you two laughing about?" I asked loudly causing them to instantly stop. "Well?" I questioned when they didn't answer me.

"Luis made a joke about you falling hard for Delilah." Rio smirked nudging Luis. I turned to face Luis and glared.

"Luis, go make sure my office is clear for my meeting." He nodded and hastily left. "Grab some food and take a seat, Rio will keep you company for now. I need to check on something."

— Delilah —

I took my full plate and took a seat at the table with Rio doing the same. I needed some time to realise how nice Alexandro was being to me. I saw a different side to him; one I never thought I would see. To be honest I wasn't use to men being that kind. Hunter, to put it mildly, was evil. He treated me like shit and it was too late for me to realise that it wasn't normal.

"Are you going to eat that?" I looked to where Rio was pointing.

"No you can have it." I answered passing him my sausage. He gave me an awkward look before taking a deep breath.

"What do girls like?" He shifted uncomfortably sipping his orange juice.

"What do you mean?"

"If I was to take a girl on a date, what should I do?" He eyed me curiously.

"Well if I was asked out on a date with a guy I actually liked; I would like some beautiful flowers and to be complimented. Personally I don't care about expensive restaurants and fancy places. Why do you ask?"

"I- I want to ask a girl out but I don't know how to. I've never been on a date before. Normally I smile and wink and the girl falls to my feet."

"Big headed much." I laughed. He laughed along. "Do I get to know the girls name?"

"Hey." Mira came skipping into the room.

"Mira." He smiled. "How has your morning been so far?"

"It's been good, Rio." She grinned back picking up an apple from the fruit bowl. "Anyways I've got to get back to my yoga." She waved before leaving the room. Rio watched after her, staring at the door she left a few seconds more.

"It's her." I smiled.

"Huh?" He frowned.

"You like Mira." I giggled.

"Shh!" He shushed me before nodding. "I'm worried Alex will dislike the idea of me dating his sister."

"You can't help who you love." I shrugged.

"You're right. Thanks, Delilah."

"Anytime." He got to his feet and left the kitchen.