1- prologue

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day / night, to read my story.

Remember to eat, drink a Lil water, without further Ado, let's go!

______

"Jake, it's time you settle down , find a wife, have some children". His mother rambled, following him around his large office. His mother was a middle aged woman's ( 45) , she had her hair placed in a tight bun, that was very perfect, and it matched her personality , greatly.

"What if I don't want to settle down, what if I don't want to marry, and what if I don't want children?" His mother frowned, he huffed, and sat himself down on the couch, he was annoyed, he had already explained to his mother how he felt about these things. But did she listen.... " Jake, you know that the Reynolds family must continue! It's a tradition each is married by twenty-eight and has at least one child by thirty!" His mother whined. Jake just rolled his eyes, not saying anything, much to Mrs. Reynolds dismay.

She started to rummage through her expensive bag, pulling out her lip gloss, and running the gloss over her lips.

"I don't care about tradition". He finally said, shrugging, "simple as that" but his mother didn't take it, she still kept pestering Jake, and it made him feel if he would blow any second.

"Mother for the last time! I don't want to settle down, now leave me alone about it"! His mother was red in the face, and her nostrils were flaring. "I'll give you until next year, if you haven't found someone yourself...then I'll find someone for you!"

And that's when his problems started.

He sat across from his best mate, Jamie Clarkson. "So.... You have to be married my the end of the year....?" His friend , took a sip of his wine, and eyed jake, as if he were lying.

"It's absolutely bullcrap if you ask me, why does it matter if I don't marry now, I'm only 25, she said , and I quote, all Reynolds have been married by twenty-eight, not 25!" He huffed angrily, as his brunette headed friend laughed.

"It is really stupid, but you could use a companion, so what are you gonna do?"

Truth is, he hadn't thought of it, he had been to busy being angry at his mother, that he wasn't really thinking about how he would act. He knew he didn't want an arranged marriage, hell , he didn't want a marriage with anyone, he would just have to save all the planning for later, right now he just wanted to whine, and vent to his friend in front of him, he could do the thinking later

"I don't even want to think about it now." And his friend left it alone from there.

_

The next morning Jake woke up in a funk, he was still thinking about his mother's threat.

His mother was holding up the company, after his father got into a car accident, his mom, lacy Reynolds, was left to take care of the company, they owned restaurants, some of the nicest, and even a few hotels. He knew it was a hard job, but she should not take that out on others, as she was doing.

He loved his mother.. he did, but sometimes he could be alot.

He rolled over in bed, facing the big window, that gave a perfect view of new york. The sun shone through the window, and made shadows around the room. His huffed, got up and closed the curtain, he wanted to pout all day, and maybe think about what he was going to do.

Or maybe just pout?

As he climbed back underneath the blankets, he realized, that with each passing day, even second, he was loosing time, soon he would have to do something, weather that be getting out of marriage completely, or coming up with a clever plan that would help him.

And that's when it hit him, the best idea yet.