Prologue

The wind tossed and punched at the ruby red flag high atop King Hugo's Castle, a beacon of Avantia, as powerful storm clouds whipped and folded in on themselves like origami. Everyone was indoors, shielded from the pelting rain, even Tom and Elenna, as their quest was finally over. The beasts, hidden within their domains, waited for the skies to awaken.
Bailey stirred, he'd been meaning to check-in on one of the beasts, a 7th beast that none spoke of, one that nobody knew about.
"Doppel? Doppeeeeellll??" Bailey asked, worried about the thick blob of slime that he cared for deeply. The writhing mass of pink jello slithered towards Bailey, as the golden glow of their chest grew brighter
"whats the matter Doppel? Is the storm frightening you???" Bailey asked again, stroking the side of Doppel's bulbous mass. They cooed in fear, as the golden glow got brighter.
"doppel??? Is there something wrong-" Bailey asked before a dark shape pushed him away. A cloaked figure, with skin like a creased shirt, approached the pair, Shattered, rusted handcuffs dangling from one of the figure's wrists. "doppel. The 7th beast, charmed by a pathetic young man?" the figure scoffed, as Bailey scowled in anger.
"what did you just say? Are you implying that doppel is not allowed to have someone who cares about them???"
The thunder cracked the sky, as Bailey's anger grew
"well then, old man. We must duel, shalln't we."
Bailey clutched his dagger, forged from the flames of the mighty fire dragon
"yes...we shall duel..."as the figure pulled out a wand.
Doppel winced. As Bailey went pale.
"no...you...YOU'RE THE DARK WIZARD, MALVEL!! doppel! Run! WE NEED A HERO! A NEW HERO!" Bailey screamed as Malvel pointed his wand at Bailey, a twisted smile spread across his face as a roiling ball of magic formed at the tip.
"DOPPEL! THE PROPHECY! A HERO FROM AFAR SHALL DO AWAY WITH EV-"
Malvel fired the orb at Bailey, Engulfing the young man in an orb of red light, as doppel retreated, and screams of agony flared out from where Bailey used to be.
The golden glow within doppel flashed brightly. And they imploded in on themselves, the glow revealed to be a swirling, hexagonal vortex, a portal.