[33]

Location: In the air ⛅️

Liked by jl20martinez, marcmarquez93 and camilaruiz and 18,961 others

alexmarquez73 Happy to be back and go racing again! 🔥
xavivierge_97 Glad to see you back!
josepgarcia26 They all better watch out. 😏
camilaruiz You only come back stronger, champ! ☺️

----

'How much did you miss your bike? Be honest with me.' Camila asked with a smirk while they were on the plane next to each other - they were currently flying to the next circuit on the race calendar.

'Maybe a bit.' He answered. He was really looking forward to see his team again and ride his beloved bike again. Just thinking about it made him feel giddy.

'Your sure? I saw your face every time they showed your bike on television for the past two races. You are a bad liar, Mr. Márquez.'

'Okay, maybe a bit more than I let on.' He admitted.

'Should I be scared? You might love your bike more than your actual girlfriend.' She joked.

'No, never baby. Come here.' He spoke while putting his arm around her and letting her head rest against his shoulder.

'Thanks.' She smiled at him and realized how lucky she was to have him. Everything felt so natural with him - like it was always meant to be like this.

----

Team Bluereds - as Marc liked to call them - were all waiting in the hotel lounge waiting on the return of Emilio from the hotel reception with the hotel rooms key cards. They had taken an evening flight and Camila couldn't wait to rest her body on a nice mattress and just sleep.

'I'm back!' Emilio announced, making everyone look up as he started to give key cards around. 'And I have one last room - for you two together.' He said looking at his youngest rider and his personal assistent.

'Marc said that we didn't need six separate rooms anymore and that you two would share one.' Emilio said and Marc held both his arms up in defense. It was the first full race weekend of the whole Marquez crew knowing about the two of them.

'If they can share at home, they can share here.' Marc simply said and smirked.

Alex started to blush as he felt his fathers eyes on him as the rest of them started to laugh. Julia sometimes still needed to adjust to the fact that his son was dating his childhood friend, a girl Julia knew all his life and someone who he saw almost as a daughter.

'Thanks Emilio!' Camila said as she took the last keycard from him - ignoring the rest of the crew. She was too tired to care about their teasing, all she wanted was to sleep.

'Let's go to our rooms - time to nap!' Julia said as everyone stood up with their suitcases.

'That was so awkward!' Alex exclaimed when they unlocked their hotelroom. It was a nice looking room, modern but simple.

'Well, do you reckon that he thinks that I still sleep in the guest room in our house? And not in the same bed?' Camila laughed, enjoying him being embarrassed. 'Let's get ready for bed, I am exhausted.'

----

Walking in the paddock, Camila brushed her hand softly against Alex's hand as they walked towards the LCR garage.

They both shared a look and no words were needed - it was getting more and more difficult to keep their relationship a secret. Over the past couple weeks, living together and the crash, they had become even closer than before, taking their friendship and love to a whole other level.

'Let's say hi to your team.' Camila said with a smile as she let Alex go into the garage first, her following closely behind. The team was already busy setting everything up for the weekend.

'He's back!' Lucio yelled excitedly when he noticed the young man entering the LCR garage.

'Hello everyone!' Alex spoke as the whole crew stopped with their work and all welcomed Alex and Camila back. They all asked Alex how his injuries were and if he was excited to be back. It felt like Camila had heard that story already a million times today.

'Camila! Let me introduce you to Ruben. While you were gone we hired a new mechanic, since Albert will leave soon. That way he can work him in on time.' Lucio said while returning with a man next to him who was looking unfamiliar to her. He was a bit older than she was, maybe around thirty she estimated. He was okay looking, nothing extraordinary.

'Welcome to the team! Well, I'm Camila, as you may have heard already. I am the personal assistant of Alex.' She introduced herself.

'Thanks! I didn't know you were a woman. But that's pretty cool!' He said with a smile to the girl.

'Well, I guess so. I am a woman working in a man's world.' She joked.

'If Alex is done talking with Javi I will introduce him to Ruben as well. You haven't met Alex, have you?' Lucio interrupted their little conversation.

'No, I haven't.' Ruben told his new boss.

'Well, let's meet him now. I see he is done talking now.' Lucio said. 'If you excuse us, Camila.'

'Of course! Good luck, Ruben. I bet you are going to have a great time here.' She said in a friendly voice. Lucio smiled at her.

'Thank you! We will talk later more, right?' Ruben asked as she simply nodded. Camila couldn't help but notice that Ruben's eyes lingered a bit too long on her breasts, it was making her feeling suddenly a bit uncomfortable.

'Amazing.' The new mechanic said before Lucio dragged him away with him to see Alex.

'Nice to meet you. I am Alex.' Camila heard Alex saying polite and professionally in the distant to his new mechanic and as she saw them talking she couldn't shake off the weird feeling he gave her.

----

The race weekend was already going towards his end as the MotoGP boys crossed the finish line. Marc had come in second and Alex had finished in sixth. A really good result, especially for Alex after coming back to his injury. Fabio had won the race with Joan coming in third.

Camila was happy that her best friend finished the race safely, that's what mattered the most to her.

'Good race!' His crew yelled as they patted his back when he returned to the garage. Ruben and another mechanic were pulling the bike back into the garage.

'You can be proud once again of your sons, Julia.' Camila said with a smile to Julia, who was standing right next to her. 'Great day - Marc second and Alex finishing the race sixth on his return race!'

'You can be proud of your rider as well.' Julia said as she started to blush. She was always proud of him and she always would be.

'Go to parc ferme. Go see Marc!' Camila said to her father-in-law and he nodded and walked out of the garage. The podium ceremony still needed to start - she heard Joan's voice over the speaker, meaning they just started the podium interviews in parc ferme.

Camila turned her attention on Alex as he took of his helmet and the two of them shared a brief look. Camila had to hold herself back to not go up to him, she would definitely kiss and hug him later.