Chapter 34

RYUJIN

Weeks and days followed without Yeji going back to their house. Her father has stopped bothering her about going back there, but he is still bugging her about dating Woohyun. The thought of her family wanting another man for her bothered me a lot, but it didn't have a big impact on our relationship.

There was enough reason to be jealous but we both know Yeji wasn't entertaining him. So it didn't became a big deal. 

Days were just quick and it's already May. 

We're once again starting on another project and has been preparing for it for the past weeks. 

Yeji's birthday is about to come in two weeks. 

"What are you thinking?" Yeji asked. 

We're actually on our living room spending time together. 

"Nothing." I replied. "Just you. Us."

She smiled and snuggled to me placing her head on my chest so I put my arms around her. 

"You're being dramatic again." She said and we both laughed. 

"I'm just happy everything's going well right now. Us." I told her. "I just hope your dad will not do something against us again."

She turned her face to me, staring at me with full of love before placing a kiss on my forehead. "We're not gonna let that happen."

"I love you." I said. 

She just chuckled and placed her head again to where was it before. 

Yeji actually haven't said the three words to me yet. When I told her I love her she just smiled and kissed me. 

I was bothered but somehow believed it has a reason. She once said she wanted it to be special and memorable. Maybe she was saving it for the perfect moment for her liking. 

It didn't affect her treatment to me though. I still felt her love and care even though the words were missing. 

It was more than it anyway. What's important is what she shows to me. 

"Let's go to my hometown soon." I told her. 

"Hmm?"

"I want to introduce you to my family."

She remained silent. Did she not like the idea?

"If only it's fine with you. We can always take our time." I said. 

She faced me again and held my face to give me a peck on my lips. "It's not that I don't want to." Yeji uttered. "What if they don't like me? What if my family background bothers them?"

"That will not be an issue, baby." I assured. "My parents and also my sister.. will surely love you."

I can sense that she was still worried so I kissed her forehead. 

"Okay." She replied. 

"Okay?"

"Yes." Yeji uttered. "Hmm.. what do you think if we spend my birthday there?"

I was surprised. The thought of her celebrating her birthday with my family made my heart flutter causing me to have imaginations about us having a meal together with my parents and my sister. 

"If it's fine with you, I'd love to do that." I said, not being able to hide my smile. 

The living room was filled with silence and cuddles where our hands became playful towards each other. 

Until we heard my phone rang. 

"It's my sister." I said as I read the called ID. "I'll just answer this." 

"Okay, babe. I'll just go to the bathroom." Yeji said and stood up. 

I immediately answered the phone. 

But when I heard Yuna, I panicked. 

She was crying. 

Loud enough that she can't speak. 

"Hey. What happened?" I asked. 

She did not respond but was still crying. 

I panicked that I stood up. "Yuna." I blurted out. "What happened? Tell me."

"Mom.." She cried. 

"Calm down first." I said. 

But my fist were already shaking as she said those words. 

"Come home.." She was still crying. "Mom.. she's dying." 

That was the last words she said before ending our call. 

My hands were shaking as I sat down on the couch with my hands on my head, still can't process the information. 

It's like I wanted to cry but I couldn't. 

It's like I wanted to shout but I was stunned at the moment. 

It was my mom. 

The person who raised me. 

The person who cared for me.

The person who accepted me for who I am. 

I felt suffocated as the tears slowly fell down from my eyes. 

"Hey.. Ryujin.." I heard. "What happened?"

"I need to go." I stood up pulling away from Yeji's hug. "I need to go, Yeji."

I was having a mental breakdown. 

I wanted to go back in my hometown in an instant but I don't know what to do first. 

"Where? Calm down first."

"I need to go, Yeji." I said and looked at her finally in the eyes. 

She cupped my face that I managed to calm down for a bit. 

"Baby.. What happened? Tell me." She mumbled and wipe my tears using her thumb. 

"My mom.. my mom.." I managed to say. I was crying. I can't help it. It was slowly sinking in my mind. "She's dying.. I need to go."

Yeji hugged me and caressed my back as I cry. "Shh. Cry all you want. I'm here.. I'm here."

When I finally stopped crying, we both pulled away from the hug. 

"I'll leave tonight." I said. 

Yeji smiled. I'm sure she understands. And I'm not selfish enough to make her come with me. 

"Okay, baby."