Now you see me

It was fun! We danced and enjoyed ourselves so much. I even got asked to dance by Marcus, to which I obviously said yes to. He was a great dancer, and I felt super relaxed with him, making things better.

I could tell B approved on all of this because I would catch her looking at us every few seconds.

We finally sat down, feeling exhausted from the whole thing and just talked for a bit.

"I'll be right back. I need to go to the bathroom," I told him, and he nodded.

I left and found myself in a line to get in the bathroom. So I leaned against the wall to wait while on my phone.

"Hey," I heard someone behind me say; I look back and see Kylian standing there leaning against the same wall.

I looked around, confused, seeing if he was talking to someone else and asked, "are you talking to me?"

"Yes."

"Now you see me?" I asked, confused.

He giggled and said, "I've been seeing you all night, especially with your new boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend," I clarified, "We just met, but unlike you, he hasn't switched moods on me."

He looked shocked by my response and said, "Sorry about that."

"Whatever, Kylian," I said, "is that your ex-girlfriend or actual girlfriend?"

"We are trying to work it out," he said.

"How's that going?" I asked.

"It's going okay," he answered, "but you make it a bit hard."

"What did I do?" I asked, confused.

"Seeing you with Marcus kinda helped me realize something," he said.

"What?" I asked, even more confused.

Then a girl emerged from the bathroom, leaving it vacant, and so Kylian said, "don't you need to go?"

"Yes, but answer my question," I said, "you always leave with cliffhangers."

He took a moment to look around; once he saw the coast was clear, he held my hand and rushed into the bathroom, closing the door behind us.

"Hey! What the..." I paused as he turned and stood close in front of me.

My heart was beating faster, my cheeks felt blushed, and my stomach filled with butterflies.

He placed his hands on both my cheeks and said, "if you want me to stop, tell me."

I didn't utter a word because the fact of the matter is that I didn't want him to stop. I didn't know if it was the alcohol talking or my deepest desire, but I said, "don't."

He smirked brushed his thumb against my lips as we stared into each other's eyes. Finally, he leaned in closer and planted a kiss on my lips.

His lips felt soft and were cold, probably from his drink. His kiss grew passionate, and I placed my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me. I felt his warmth against my body, and it just made me want him more.

*knock, knock*

We heard from the door, which immediately stopped kissing and looked at the door.

"Pourriez-vous vous dépêcher, s'il vous plaît? (Could you hurry up, please?)" a voice said, which I recognized to have belonged to B.

I looked at him and said, "We should go, maybe?"

"I guess so," he answered, then he removed his hands from my face and kissed me cheek, "at least now you know."

I blushed and looked down as we separated from each other, "you go out; first, I'll handle B."

"Alright," he said, then proceeded to get out of the bathroom.

"Ça t'a pris assez de temps, Kylian, (Took you long enough, Kylian,)" she said.

"Désolé, B, (Sorry, B,) he said to her and walked away.

She rushed inside the bathroom and quickly closed the door.

She turned around to see me and screamed, "Qu'est-ce que c'est?! (What the hell?!)"

"Shhh," I said, "calm down!"

"What are you doing here? Kylian was just here!" And then it clicked, "Y/N!"

"I'll explain, I promise, just let me use the toilet!"I said.

"Quickly!" She replied.

I used the bathroom as quickly as I could while explaining everything that had just happened.

"Wait, what?!" She asked.

"I know," I said.

"Didn't he bring his girlfriend to dinner?" She asked.

"He said they were trying to work things out, but it's not going so well," I explained.

She paced back and forth in the small powder room and finally asked, "do you like him?"

"I don't think," I mumbled, as my brain had an internal conflict, "maybe."

"Alright," she said, "but I need you to get out there and not give him the attention."

"Okay.." I said, confused, "but why?"

"Cause we are not sure if he actually likes you or if he can't handle seeing you with someone else," she explained, "don't get your hopes up; let's just see how the rest of the night goes."

"You're right," I said.

With that, we left the bathroom and returned to the table where Marcus and Kylian were talking.

"Didn't expect that," B whispered into my ear.

"Neither did I," I expressed.

I took a deep breath, went back to sitting next to Marcus, and he asked, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I replied, "I just ended up going with B, so you know, girls and bathrooms."

Girls and bathrooms? Is that really the best I could come up with. But thankfully, he didn't find anything weird about it, smiled at me and continued his conversation with Kylian.

I didn't even know what they were talking about, nor did I really care; I just sat there before Bruna came to the rescue and wisped me away to dance.

The rest of the night was indeed one for the books; we had the best music playing, incredible people and unforgettable memories made, but I couldn't stop thinking about that stupid kiss.

Eventually, the evening came to an end, and we all went home, with the people we went to the dinner with, at 5 am.

"What the hell happened tonight?" I asked B and Thilo as we were heading up the stairs.

"We will talk about it tomorrow," B said, "for now, just go to sleep."

I went into my room and threw myself to the bed, and drifted to sleep.