Part 5

Khushi was still not over the shock she received this morning after meeting her Amma. And rightfully so. Her firstborn was alive! The child Khushi was told was dead 7 years ago, the one she didn't even get to see once, the one she mourned all alone, was in fact alive all this time. Her amma said it was a boy, didn't she? Oh my god, she had a son! Her son grew up all alone without his mother! Where was he, how was he, her amma had no answers to that. Only her babuji knew, whose talks her amma had overheard.

And now khushi was impatient to find her son, somehow, anyhow! She had already lost 7 years of his life, not any longer.

And that is when Mohan, their driver came to ask her if she was ready to go pick up Navya baby! Khushi had been so lost in her thoughts, that she almost missed Navu's school pick up time! Her daughter, her and Arnav's. The man who was her husband, life partner, her anchor through life and her entire world! She had to tell him at the earliest. He is the only one who will understand her pain and help her find her son.

She got ready to go to Navya's school and texted Arnav she was going to come to his office after that.

'way to go to Jaan, you just made my evening, cant wait to see you and Navu after a long day at work.' came his reply

How would he react when she tells him what had happened today? will he be as calm and patient as he was before their marriage, and during initial days of their marriage? When had she first told him about her firstborn or when she had been reluctant for any intimacy? He was extremely patient with her back then, only showered her with his endless love and that had what made her fall in love with him!

But that was then. In between last 6 years, she had made him and his kids her entire world! She was a devoted wife to him and devoted mother to their kids. Would he be as understanding when her past comes knocking? What if he doesn't? The thought scared her, and her eyes welled up, a tear making its way on her cheek. She quickly wiped it, their driver didn't need to see her crying, but the thought of Arnav not accepting her son was scary. She wouldn't be able to live without Arnav and their daughters, but what about her son?

--*--

"Namaste aunty" the same boy whom she had met a couple days ago at Navya greeted her. His smile was so warm, so pure that khushi forgot her worries

"Namaste Roshan. How are you liking the new school?" she asked, while looking for Navya in the ocean of kids that was rushing out of school doors.

"It is good aunty. I like the sports hour the most, football khelne mein bohot maza aya but I like basketball more." he kept babbling making khushi smile.

Just then navya also came and hugged her.

"aaj late kyun ho gaya baby?" Khushi said kissing her daughter's cheeks

"offo mamma, I am not late. I was here only, you didn't see me" said the 5-year-old, glancing at the boy her mother was talking to. Why was this boy always around her mamma, she didn't like it. Why didnt that boy have his won mamma papa to pick him?

Jus then they heard Roshan wince in pain and Khushi noticed he had a bruised knee

"Hey Devia maiyya, what is this beta? kaise ho gaya?" she asked and by then the orphanage caretaker had also arrived, having picked most of the kids.

"I fell during football match." he said in a low voice but khushi sensed he was in pain.

"You will take him to the doctor right?" she asked the orphanage lady

"Why do we need a doctor? its a small injury, we'll apply some antiseptic. come beta" saying so the lady took roshan away and khushi couldn't help feeling sad. She and Arnav always panicked even with a small scratch on their babies' body. and such was life of kids who didn't have parents. that's why she was so adamant to give her child for adoption back then. If only she knew her babuji will go to such an extent in his hate for her first baby!

--*--

Arnav was already in a cheerful mood when Khushi knocked on his cabin door that evening. Khushi and their daughters' occasional visits always brightened up his days. Today also he planned something special for his girls, something he knew they both enjoyed a lot, a stop at Pani Puri stall.

Just then he heard a soft knock on his cabin door, followed by the happy squeal of his daughter.

"There are my beautiful girls! I was waiting for you. Itna late kyun ho gaya?" he asked picking Navya in his arms and pecking Khushi on her lips.

"Woh, papa, mamma was talking to a new friend in my school. He is new na, and his parents also never come to pick him up." Navya provided details and Arnav looked at Khushi trying to decipher what exactly had happened. The fact that khushi always made friends with strangers, all age groups, was no secret. So he wasn't surprised to hear Navya say Khushi was helping a new boy in her school. he also vaguely remembered Navya mentioning this boy a couple of days ago. Was that why Khushi was worried?

"you ok jaan?" he asked, putting navya down, who immediately climbed on Arnav's chair and hopped to his laptop!

"yeah. I just wanted to see you. Let's go. Naniji ka call aya tha Harsha is awake" Khushi said, her plans for initiating any talk about her son, pushed further into the night.

Arnav sensed her sour mood, deciding to talk to her once they went home. He did stop by the pani puri stall but Khushi surprisingly didn't eat, saying she was full! Another sign of her foul mood. 'I need to find out whatever is bothering her' he said while feeding a gol gappa to Navu.

--*--

It was a rainy evening that day, indicating an upcoming storm. After they had returned home, Khushi went to attend their youngest, and then to kitchen to get his evening snacks. Though Arnav wanted to talk to her at the soonest, he had to wait some more.

He went on to freshen up and switched on the TV in their room. He needed to distract his mind.

And finally, Arnav saw her come in to their bedroom, put the tray on the table and give him a smile which didn't quite reach her eyes like always.

"Khushi, come here. yaha baitho"

"Arnav, I just need to check on Naniji once, i will be back" She said, suddenly having a cold feet of talking to him. Her fears of him not accepting her past shook her to the core!

"Nani is fine khushi. I need to ensure my wife is too. Tell me kya chal raha hain tumhare dimagh mein? what's bothering you?" He asked patiently and that gave her courage.

"Arnav. Aaj Amma ayi thi milne(today Amma had come to meet me)" she said and he nodded, telling her to continue. She reached to hold his hand. This was it, this was the moment their lives would change forever. She braced for his reaction and hoped for the best and continued,

"She told me, my son is alive Arnav. My first child. He is out there somewhere, and I don't even know where. We need to find him arnav, please, please help me." she broke down in tears in his arms and Arnav froze. He went numb. This was no where close to what he had expected her to say. He thought something about parents, maybe something related to her usual differences with her babuji. But this? This was shocking and his hold on her arms loosened.

--*--

A/N – this is the only high emotional drama part of this story, and it was necessary to show khushi's emotions and fears. From next part onwards, it will be a different kind of drama as Roshan comes to live with the Raizadas :D (there, I gave you a hint)