Scattered Scars

(A/N: Warning: description of a panic attack type scene and self deprecating thoughts!! I don't own mha or any of the characters.)

Denki reels back from a punch in the face that leaves his cheek stinging.

Class 1a is in the middle of fighting in pairs in gym gamma.

The goal is similar to the one on one fights that happened at the sports festival. Each pair of classmates are in a 10 foot by 10 foot circle and the object of the game is to get your opponent to step out of it.

They are allowed to use any means to help them, which includes their support gear.

Denki is against class 1a's newest classmate, Shinsou, who has capture tape similar to Aizawa's bunched up around his neck along with his voice changer under the wrapping.

Denki himself has his magnetic puck shooter, although it wasn't proving to be too useful. He's already shot off one of the pucks but it implanted itself in the wall to his far left. No where near where his opponent stood.

He didn't expect the fight to be this hard. He knows that Shinsou wasn't a bad fighter, but neither was he. Sure, his mind would sometimes wander off and he would start thinking about things like the math test that he still needs to study for. Or the conversation he needs to have with the support department on how to improve his gear. Or the extra credit he needs to finish for Aizawa. Or the english homework he forgot to turn in today. . .

Denki is whipped back into the present as Shinsou's capture tape wraps around his wrist and yanks him to the ground.

He groans to himself.

"Come on Kaminari, is that all you got?" Shinsou shouts. Shinsou has been talking on and off trying to get the blonde to speak back to him so that he could do what he tried to pull on Midoriya at the sports festival with his mind control.

Even though it was hard to focus, Denki did know one thing. He could not answer Shinsou.

Which is, despite the threat of being mind control, way harder for Denki than he predicted it would be.

He's so used to sparring with Sero or Kirishima or even Bakugo where he can openly mouth off at them.

Shinsou prepares to yank the tape and pull Denki out of the circle and Denki sends a panicked shock up the tape to Shinsou's arm.

Shinsou yelps and the tape releases from his wrist giving Denki the time to get back on his feet.

Denki can see Shinsou give him a glare as he opens his mouth to shout again, desperately working to gain a response. Shinsou's lip was still red from biting it when Denki had managed to punch him in the jaw and it filled Denki with pride to know that he was at least holding his own and not just getting his ass handed to him.

Denki lifts up his shooter and aims for the wall directly behind his opponent, but a particularly loud blast from Bakugo in the circle to his left distracted him just enough for Shinsou to wrap his tape around the shooter and pull with all his might.

Denki scrambles to grab at the support item with his free hand but all he manages to do was scrape his hand as it is ripped off of him and tossed out of the circle.

He looks at Shinsou who is smiling to himself.

Denki huffs and raises his hands in two fists, ready for a fight. Without his shooter he can't use his quirk as much. If he tries to send out a shock wave all of that electricity would spread wildly, harming all of his classmates in the process.

Even if Shinsou was standing in front of one of his pucks he wouldn't be able to send out too much electricity, lest he really hurt the guy.

All that's left is a hand to hand, close combat match, and Shinsou has the advantage, still in posession of both of his support items.