AMELIA

The moment I take my dress off and lie half-naked under Joshua should be the moment I come to my senses. I'm lying here with a man who's not my fiancé, who might be my Fated One but isn't my partner. I should my dress back on and run away.

But I don't. Instead, I snake my arms around his neck and pull him to me, our lips meeting in a clash of passion and romance, of desire and love.

His teeth nip my bottom lip ever so lightly, but it's enough for my back to arch, my chest flush against his. His hand fumbles around my back until my bra pings loose. I let go of him only for the time required to take the fabric off, and then he grabs me back, so our skin is touching.

"Are you sure?" he whispers.

I nod; words aren't needed, not now. I've made my decision, he's made his. We both know what we're doing.

His lips let go of mine for a moment. I sink myself into the bed, smelling his woody, citrus aftershave as it lingers around the room, working its way into my brain. I feel his desire swirling in my brain as our tether gets stronger with this newfound intimacy. I watch him take me in, and though I should be feeling self-conscious like I usually do in this moment with Owen, I find my desire growing, rushing in like a waterfall, swirling like a whirlpool and forcing a small smile to bring itself onto my mouth.

"You're perfect," he whispers. I notice his voice is getting a little huskier with the need growing in both of us. His arousal is peaking; I can feel it in my mind, our Tether proving useful in the moment.

I keep my reply simple by removing my underwear; something I bought for one Valentine's a couple of years ago, but never saw much use besides making me feel better about myself.

He chuckles to himself before discarding his clothes to the floor. He hovers over me just as quickly, and though I don't get time to take him in with my eyes, I feel him instead. My hands roam his skin, smooth and perfect.

"I'm going to ask one more time—"

"Sh," I interrupt. "You can feel my answer in your brain, right? We're Fated, you can sense my answer and you can sense my consent."

It takes one second for him to double-check in his mind before he leans down and kisses my lips. I purposefully arch my back until his hardon pushes against my skin. I adjust my hips, open my legs ever so slightly until it pushes against my clit. Like a light switch, a gasp escapes my mouth.

He groans so lightly; I could have missed it if his mouth wasn't so close. His lips claim my neck, pressing a single kiss into the curvature before sucking ever so lightly; not enough to leave a mark, but hard enough to further the need that swirls around us like perfume. He starts his descent, one kiss into my chest, one on each nipple before he laps at each of them with his tongue until they're taut. It makes my legs squirm, begging for more. His lips continue their descent, leaving me wishing he would take his time instead, but I know he's just teasing and doing it on purpose, so the desire grows like a wave.

His hot breath falls in between my legs, and without even touching me, I can feel the anticipation rise. I'm not sure which way this is going, but whatever happens, I know I'm ready for it.

In life, everyone deserves a second chance, right? This is my second chance to close my legs, grab my clothes and go back home to my fiancé; the man I've known since before I was born, the one I'm meant to be marrying. He's also the man who's faked his Knot, who faked us being soulmates, though I don't know his story yet.

But as Joshua's fingers slide inside me, filling me, causing my back to arch and a breathy moan to escape my lips, I know this is where I want to be. I can't even back out despite knowing this is morally wrong, because Joshua is my Fated One.