Chapter 9

"Princess? Wake up," no answer. Lucas was amused by how much she can sleep through, "If you don't wake up right now, I'll have to carry you to your front door." Lucas sat there staring at her then smirked, he leaned close to her ear and whispered, "Unless... that's what you want?"

With that, Athanasia's eyes opened and moved as far away from Lucas as possible, "Uh... ahem, thank you for the ride, I'll make sure to repay you later, I'll be getting off now, goodnight." Athanasia quickly got out of the car and ran through the gates, into her house. Once she got in she took a deep breath. 

"He's too much," She said as she put her hand over her chest and blushed. 

"Who's too much?" Athanasia looked up to see her brother leaning against the wall with his arm crossed, 

"Eh? Brother? Why are you up?"

"Father and I were waiting for you to arrive, but father had something to attend to at work so he left a little while ago, and don't try to change the topic, who is 'he' and why is he 'too much'?" Aether said as he glared at his sister.

*yawnnnn* "I'm so tired, I'll be going to bed now," Athanasia said as she tries to sneak away from the conversation. "...We'll be continuing this tomorrow, don't even try to run away." Aether says as he watches his sister walk up the stairs.

The next morning

Athanasia somehow managed to escape from her brother, she was now on her way to school, though she felt a little anxious because of the accident last time, she knew she had to get over her fears.

The car ride to school went well, she started walking to the main gate of her school when she noticed Jeanette and a familiar brown-haired boy together. Athanasia walked towards them and smirked, "When'd two get so close?" Jeanette and Ray were caught off-guard by Athanasia's sudden appearance, they both started blushing immensely,  "A-Athy it's not what you think," "Y-Yeah, we're just friends." Ray finished Jeanette's sentence.

"Right..." She continued to smirk as she raised an eyebrow, Ray looked behind Athanasia and noticed someone walking towards them.

"LUCAS!" Athanasia suddenly blushed when she heard Ray shout that name, she turned around to see the raven-headed boy walking towards them while yawning, "Did you sleep late again?" Ray started nagging Lucas, 

"Yea... I was planning to sleep early but..." Lucas paused and glanced at Athanasia before continuing, 

"My sister made me drop something off and there was traffic so I got back home late." 

Athanasia was as red as a tomato, 'What does he mean by "something"? I'm not an object.' She pouted.

BRRRRGGGG

The school bell rang and the four of them went their separate ways to class.