Chapter 1 - The Mysterious Tunnel

[AMY]

It started out just like any other day on Planet Mobius...

I woke up in a good mood. Yawning sleepily as I opened my eyes, I could see the pale glow of the sun peaking through a small gap in my velvet curtains. I slowly climbed out of bed and did a few stretches to wake up my body. I then walked over to my window and opened it wide to let in some fresh air.

"Ahh it's a beautiful day!" I said to myself as I took a deep breath.

The sun always makes me feel happy. Today would be a perfect day to go on an adventure! There was this spot, deep in the forest near my house that I wanted to check out. I noticed it the other day when I was exploring, but I didn't have time to give it a suss, as it was already evening and the sun was setting. It looked like I had found some buried ruins of an old stone building or something. Whatever it was I was keen to find out!

I went downstairs and into the kitchen to make breakfast and have a coffee, my favourite part of the day. I loved the little home that I lived in. Although it was small, it was so cosy, and I had decorated it just how I liked it in pastel colours, and I had hung beautiful artwork of flowers and butterflies in every room to make it more homely.

I grabbed a fresh pack of waffles out of the cupboard, put them on to toast and switched on the coffee machine. Looking out the window at the clear blue sky I smiled to myself in anticipation of the fun day I was about to have.

I wondered what my friends were up to. Maybe I'll call round Blaze and Cream's house on the way out to see if they want to come with me.

The delicious aroma of fresh coffee filled the kitchen. I poured myself a cup and drank it whilst munching down my waffles. After I'd finished, I quickly cleaned up and went back upstairs to get showered and get dressed. When I was ready I made my way over to my friends' place.

"Hey Ames!" Cream cried happily as she opened the door. "Come in!"

I gave her a hug and followed her to the lounge room. Blaze was still in her pyjamas, sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Hey Blaze!"

"Oh good morning Amy!" she smiled and looked up at me. "You're up and about early. What's happening?"

I took the seat next to her and Cream sat down on the floor facing us. They both lived in this house together, just down the road from me. Their place was slightly larger than mine, with cool blue walls, wooden flooring and lots of comfy, fluffy rugs that made the place feel cosy. It always had a fresh, floral smell, like lavender.

"I'm going on an adventure today," I told them, "And I was wondering if you guys would like to come?"

"Ooooh what kind of adventure?" Cream asked excitedly.

"I want to explore the forest near our house. I think I found something exciting-"

"But Amy, you know that forest is off limits," Blaze cut me off. "It's too dangerous. Plus, it's riddled with Robotnik's badniks."

"I know we're not supposed to go in there, but I already have! It's fine, I didn't see a single robot..." I argued.

"I don't see the point in going looking for danger, but that's your choice!" Blaze said coolly.

"I'm not looking for danger, I'm looking for adventure!" I said happily. "Plus anywhere off limits is bound to be harbouring some secrets..."

"Well I can't come anyway," Blaze said. "I'm training with Sonic, Shadow and Silver today, we're working on some new battle moves."