2

I was taken to the police station. first they treated the wound on my leg and then they allowed me to wash my hands from the blood. I was led into a room and seated on a chair. I'm still shaking in shock.

"your name" asked the man sitting opposite.
"I.. I'm Dee White"
"code ID"
"****"
he wrote something on the computer, apparently found my data.
"Dee White, you're under arrest for being an accessory to the beating of Jahseh Onfroy. You'll be here under our surveillance until Mr. Onfroy comes to his senses and we get the security footage,"

I said nothing. it's too dumb.
two men took me by the hands and led me to a cell where I would spend no one knows how long.

it's terribly cold and dark here, it smells strange.

I'm in one shirt. I just wanted to help. and they think that I beat him. are they in their right mind?

In the evening they brought me food but it was cold and not fresh. all my thoughts were only about that guy. is everything okay with him? is he alive? all night I sat on the cold floor in my thoughts.

In the morning they brought me food again, but again I did not eat. I don't want to at all.

time behind bars is so slow. I once again understand that life is trash.

***
It's been my fifth day here. everyone is silent. I don't feel anything anymore. I don't want to eat, I don't want anything. I do not feel anything.

the only thing I'm worried about is that guy.. i don't even know what he looks like because of the blood and panic i couldn't see him.

Day 9 of my stay in the cell. nobody comes, nobody calls. but I'm used to it. I also think that I lost weight because I did not eat for 9 days. my body is sluggish and powerless, dark bruises under my eyes. I don't know what time it is, I think it's morning. An officer came to me and started talking.

"We are ready to interview you. Unfortunately Mr. Onfroy is not well yet, but his mother has arrived, she is ready to listen to your excuses."
"How is Mr. Onfroy?"
"weird to ask that after being attacked"
"I didn't.. I didn't hurt him"
"Now tell me everything, come out"
I left the camera.

The rays of the sun made their way through the windows and fell on my face, blinded my eyes. we entered some office where a woman and several other policemen were sitting.

The woman looked at me with incomprehension.
"Are you saying that this girl abused my son so cruelly?" she asked.
"she's the prime suspect"
I lowered my head. I hate that people think that about me.

"Miss White, have a seat, are you ready to tell us what you did on the night of July 13 in a dangerous area?"
I sat down on a chair.

"that night I went to the store .. and returning I wanted to take a shortcut and take a short road. I turned into an alley and heard strange sounds. And I tried to see what was there ... I saw that he was being beaten .. there were two of them ..
they noticed me and one of them began to threaten me with a knife.. I started to defend myself and I probably succeeded.. they ran away. I approached the guy, he had a weak pulse. I wanted to call an ambulance but my phone was broken so I took the guy's phone. while I was waiting for the ambulance, I tried to stop the bleeding and soon the ambulance arrived .. "

"So you mean you had a fight with one of the guys"
"Probably not, I was just trying to defend myself"
"We found your fingerprints on Mr. Onfroy's clothes, on his phone and on his body"

"I tried to help him.." I got worse.
"did you try to close the wound with this thing?" he took out my bloody hoodie
"yes, that's my shirt"

"Boss, we've been able to access the security cameras since that night," another cop said while sitting at his computer.

"Fine, turn it on, let's see everything together"
video appeared on the screen. I immediately recognized the place. Damn, my heart started beating faster.

in 40 minutes we watched the whole video, I could hardly stand it. Everyone was in mild shock.
"ok, miss white, now we see... well, i can tell you one thing, you are a real lifesaver. you can be free" i looked at him in shock.
"Miss Onfroy, I'll ask you to stay, we need to discuss something"

I left the office and walked down the corridor.

When I went outside, I realized that now I have no money at all. my last $50 was in that hoodie. OK. I went home and in 30 minutes I was already at home. I still don't want to eat. All I want now is to lie down in a soft bed. so I did.