Metamorphosis

Note: This is for you abi😘@ashangilub

_______________________________________________________

KD Institute of Engineering

11:11 am

Person: Excuse me, sir! May I come in?

Prof. Ram: Yes Sakthi, come in.

Sakthi: Sir I have an important announcement to make.

Prof. Ram: Go ahead Sakthi

Sakthi: Good morning students! As you all know our college chairman's birthday is coming up. And as usual dance, music, and drama competitions will be conducted. Students who are interested pls do give their names either to me or to the other members of the student council by this weekend. Thank you.

Abi pov: Ethana thadava pathalum motha thadva pakra mariye iruke. Alaga irukanee😍

Sari apdi ena solranu papo. Music competition a! Enaku participate panna asaya iruke ana na padna nalla irukuma. Yenna panna?

She starts pondering on what to do. When suddenly her professor's voice breaks her thoughts.

Prof: Abi....Abii..what are you doing? Where is your concentration? You know I don't like daydreamers, get out.

Abi (in a feeble voice): Sry sir..I wont repeat it

Prof: I say get out !

Abi: Ok sir

She walks out of the classroom and stands in the corridor.

Abi(murmuring): Sotta thalayan..rombathan panran...nalla vela mandaila mudi ila...ilena enaku vara athrathuku atha picheyy eduthurupen.

After 10min,

Abi mv: Romba bore adikutheyy...sari etha paduvom

Poovae kaadhal pookkum poovae
Saaral veesa eeraam
Ennai konjum mazhaiyil unn vaasam

Kenjum nenjam unnai kenjum
Pularum kaalai vendaam
Iravin kulirae ennai kollaadhae

(Adiye - From Bachelor)

Sakthi passes by at the same moment and is mesmerized by the sweet yet feeble voice. He searches the owner and finds a cute girl twirling her id card and singing silently. He walks over to her and says a hi which breaks her out of her trance.

Abi is super shocked. Seeing her crush upclose made her insides squirm in anticipation.She turns around to check if he is actually talking to her.

Sakthi (chuckles): Ila ungalathan

Abi (in a feeble voice) : Sollunga senior ena venum

Sakthi: Senior nu lam koopdatha ma...sakthi ne koopdu..ama un per ena..haaan...

Abi:  Abi

Sakthi: haan abi..unga voice romba sweeta irukunga. U shd really participate in the music competition.

Abi (shocked): En singing a? nalla iruka ena..

Sakthi: nijamave ma..nalarnchuu...unaku potential iruku.

Apo thidirnu,

Thiru: Deii Sakthi, Kalai mam una koopdranga da.

Sakthi: Tho varen da..ma na sonnatha yoschu paru..if u wanna join enta per kodu sariya..

Abi nods in reply and he hops away to the staff room. She is stuck in a dilemma. Her mind says no, but her heart votes in favor of Sakthi. The bell rings breaking her train of thoughts and she moves to the canteen for the lunch break.

She picks up her lunch from the counter and sits at an empty seat, completely drowned in her thoughts. The sudden shifting of a chair near her breaks her trance and she is surprised to see Sakthi seated opposite to her.

Sakthi: seekro sapdu ma arida pothu

Abi : Sakthi ne inga ena panra?

Sakthi: en na unkooda sapdakoodatha?

Abi: apdilam onu ila

They both continue eating when Sakthi breaks the silence.

Sakthi: so are u planning to join

Abi: therla idk if am worthy or capable.

Sakthi: ma! Be confident. unaku potential iruku, nan solren. But what u lack is confidence. Una matum nambu athu pothum.

Abi: enaku therlaye..

Sakthi: U know, Oru singer irukaru in Bollywood, peru Jubin. Avaroda early years la oru competion ponaru, but he got rejected saying his singing isn't good. But iniku he is one of the top singers there. Ellame hardwork, dedication and self-confidence than. Practice makes perfect. Competition ku inu 1.5 months iruku athukulla mass panidalam..Ne kavala padatha na iruken la..I'll help you.

After hearing his reply abi felt happy and confident. She agreed to participate and she signed up her name. Weeks passed and Sakthi helped her in every single thing. He cheered her up and gave tips to improve. They bonded really well, and each moment she spent with him felt like a dream.

On the competition day,

Sakthi: Abii ma u can do it, just give your best

Abi: hmm...

Sakthi sensed that she was nervous and he enveloped her in a warm hug which made her feel butterflies in her tummy. He whispered good luck and pulled away. Her name was called and she went onto the stage.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths. She opened them and directly looked into his eyes and started singing.

Vanthai oru nodiyil vizhiyile
Thanthai oru puyale uyirile
Kottum mazhai thuliyin naduvile
Kollum unadhazhagil uruginen

Kalavaram thanthai penne oru paarvayil
Uyirvarai thindrai ennai oru velayil
Tharayinil thathi thaavum oru vaanavil

Thagavale illai aanal aruge puyaal

Kollathe kollathe un kangal kaththi pookkal
Thullathe thullathe adi paavam inge aangal
Thannale thannale en nenjil etho koochal
Unnale unnale

Puriyamale unnai paarkiren
Nijama idhu ennai ketkiren

(It's Raining Love - From Enna Solla Pogirai)

As soon as she finished singing, her ears were filled with the sounds of claps. But all she could see at that moment was his teary eyes filled with pride. She felt light, she felt happy. It didn't matter to her if she won or not. All that mattered was him.

Just like a caterpillar, that transforms into a beautiful butterfly; She could feel her crush on him transform into something bigger, something more beautiful, LOVE.

It wasn't the end of their journey, it was just the beginning.

_______________________________________________________

Note: Ithu nan en chello fraand kaga eluthunathu😁 Naliku na oru Ashaangi shot podren.

Epdi irukunu comment pannunga. Pudicha vote podunga. 

Thank you 😍