Chapter 19 - Guilt of a Jedi Knight

"Come on!" Ben screamed; his voice hoarse as the sweat bared down his face. His eyes narrowed as he held his bare palm forward. It wasn't working, the beams of violet force lightning in which he believed he could control were not coming out.

He latched onto his anger, his hatred, his fear. Yet not a single piece of either the light or the dark would aid him. He once again threw his hand back, trying to immerse himself within the force as he tried to take back in his prior teachings.

The teachings of Revan and Exar Kun. Even then, they proved fruitless as he couldn't concentrate. He let out a heavy sigh as he planted his butt down on the dirt. Combing through his clumps of dark hair as he couldn't understand...

He thought his mind was concluded, he thought that he accepted the force and all of its weight. Still, even now the dark side had chosen to abandon him. He didn't want to see Exar Kun...he could have accessed the old Sith Lord through his Holocron, but he didn't want to beg for an answer.

He slammed his eyes shut. Pursuing his lips. "Meetra, please..." He silently begged as he wrapped his arms around himself, his eyes slammed shut as he tried to immerse himself into that familiar feeling. Before she was the one that was always reaching out, the one that he would always try to push away.

Yet, before the wars...she was always the one he would talk to. The big sister he never had, but after she left him, he didn't want anything to do with her anymore. Even after coming to this world, she was a frequent pest that wouldn't let him live a life of peace.

But now her soothing voice was all he had wished for. His lips formed into a snarl. His eyes widened as he leaped to his feet, fresh vibrant anger funneling through him as he stared up at the sky. "Meetra!" He screamed. His pointed finger raised. "Come out, I know what I did was wrong. I know that I did not act in the Jedi way!"

He slumped deeper into himself, into the darkness of despair and guilt as he shook his head. "...but I need your help." He begged, his eyes losing their color. "Please..."

He waited there for what had felt like eternity. The only thing keeping him company was the sounds of the forest and the glare of the sun.

'Why? Why do you choose to ignore me of all times! Please, I beg of you. I heard your voice...over, and over again. But you can't...'

He gritted his teeth. His eyes blinking away the tears as red-hot malice swarmed like a monster around his gut, warping it's way along his right hand. A powerful blast of force energy welling in his palm as he splintered the nearest tree in half. A powerful sound rupturing through the forest as the false Jedi made his way to camp.

Confused...and far more conflicted, of his true standing within the force.

Split

The gang...now including Jet were riding along Appa as they broke through the skies. Ever since last night, they've flew steadily quiet. There were no jokes, no smiles, merely only melancholy that flew through the group.

Sokka, he was...flustered. He was jealous of Jet, a natural leader that was leading his freedom fighters against the fire nation. Yet, in the end it all proved useless.

Katara, she watched Jet. His movements slouched as he pressed his knees to his chest. His eyes puffy and red but she didn't know what else to say. In merely a night he had lost every single person that he knew. His whole family was gone.

Aang...he wanted to speak to Jet about it. To get him to understand what had happened, yet...

Sokka pulled along Ben's robes. Lightly nudging him as he pressed his lips towards his ear. Ben nodding his head as he took a seat across from Jet. Each of the boys gotten to know the other for a short period of time but there was still a level of respect that had formed.