chapter 24

"How much longer until we're there, sweetheart?" Mark asks, giving Scott's hand a squeeze.

"About another 15 minutes," Scott says, paying attention to the road. "I'm really excited you're coming home with me, Marky."

"And spend all summer without you otherwise?" Mark pouts. "What was I supposed to do? I'd miss you too much."

Scott chuckles. "I guess you have a point. And my family loves you, by the way. But we'll only be there at the house for about a week before we move into Lauren's extra room in her apartment," Scott smiles, "And I hadn't realized this before, but, this totally counts as us moving in together. Especially since we'll be sharing a dorm when we go back to USC."

Mark chuckles. "You hadn't realized that yet?"

Scott shrugs. "I don't know...I haven't really thought about it. I mean, for the last month or so at least, we've been trading between my dorm and your dorm."

"That's true," Mark says.

A few minutes pass and they arrive at Scott's family's house. Connie has dinner ready for them already.

"Hi, Marky!" Connie beams. "So glad to see you again!"

"Hi, mom," Scott jokes, and Mark and Connie laugh.

"Oh, hush, Scott. You know it's no harm towards you."

"I know, mama." Scott chuckles. "I missed you," he goes in for the hug.

"I missed you too, Scotty," Connie hugs him back. "Dinner's on the table for us all."

-

Scott's scrolling through twitter on his phone when Mark climbs into bed next to him.

"Finally," Scott grumbles.

Mark giggles. "Sorry I wanted to shower. I offered for you to join," he raises an eyebrow at Scott.

"In my childhood home? With my parents downstairs? How dare you, Marky!" Scott teases, and Mark laughs again.

"It doesn't have to be sexual, you pervert!" Mark says.

They both laugh, and once they calm down, Mark rests his head on Scott's chest.

"You smell nice," Scott admits, pulling Mark closer.

Mark hums happily. "Yeah?"

"Mhm," Scott confirms. "I love you, Marky."

Mark blushes. "I love you too, sweetheart."

"I'm really excited we're taking this next step together, baby. I mean, this certainly isn't where I thought I would be a year ago when I graduated high school, but, I wouldn't change it for a damn thing. I love you so much, Marky."

"Scotty," Mark whines. "Are you trying to make me emotional?" He asks.

Scott giggles. "Sorry, sweetheart. I'm just speaking my mind."

"I love you, Scotty. I love you so much that I wonder how I got so lucky to be with you, every single day. It's alarming how in love with you I am."

Scott kisses Mark's hair. "I'm glad we're in the same boat."

Mark shifts so he's more comfortable, tangling his legs with Scott's and tucking his head under Scott's chin. "Hate to end this talk," he says, "But, I'm sleepy, baby. Can we go to bed?"

Scott smiles at his adorable boyfriend. "Yeah, my love. Let's go to sleep."