11. Recovery

Its been almost 3 weeks since myself and Lori decided to fight and kick the shit out of eachother and break a couple of ribs each. Ive finally recovered from mine, my breathing can be terrible from time to time and I can get some sharp pains through my chest but im pretty fixed. My bruises across my face have finally gone down and im left with a pretty cool scar that goes from the edge of my all the way down near my nose. Shane has actually managed to leave me alone for once which is a surprise and I haven't spoke to Lori at all since the day of the fight which again is a surprise. 

I head down to the wash room to have a quick shower to start the day, the prison is pretty empty as its early in the morning so most people are asleep. I do my 3 pumps of water and let it run over my body washing all the dirt off from the last couple of days. I run my fingers through my hair as i wash it so it stays smooth. The water stops running leaving me standing freezing cold as its now getting close to winter. I grab my towel and wrap it around myself while picking my clothes up to get changed in the small changing room we have. I walk towards the changing room and open the door to a huge surprise. "Oh my god" I gasp and quickly close the door. "fuck fuck fuck" I whisper as i power walk away. "Ali wait!" A half naked Shane comes running out to me. "You cant tell anyone please" I stare at him. "What that you and Lori are fucking in the changing room? thats disgusting we have cells for a reason" I frown at him. It made me jealous, it shouldnt and im very aware of that, but it did, it hurt, I hate Shane a lot but seeing the two of them will always hurt me. He stands infront of me with a towel wrapped around his waist, showing off his abs and large arms. "Please" he begs as he places his hand on my wet arm. "Come on Shane" I hear Lori call as she now appears behind him with a towel wrapped around her. She looks me up and down with a smirk across her face "You're getting chubby, Rick must really be making you happy" My mouth opens in shock as i try to wrap my towel around me even tighter. Shane turns and shoots a look back at her then back at me. "That was shallow Lori" Shane actually defends me. "You can have your dirty secret, fucking whore" I whisper as i run away to my cell still wrapped in a towel. 

I sort myself out for the day and try to forget about Lori and Shane and head down to the cafeteria. I sit down at a table alone with a bottle of water and some cereal in a bowel. I sit playing with my food, replaying what Lori said over and over again in my head. I push my food to the side and sip my water. "Morning" Rick appears from the stairs and sits opposite me. "How you feeling today?" He asks with a smile across his face. "Yea im fine" I mumble. "Whats up?" he tilts his head at me while eating some cereal. "Alice" Shane stands next to me looking between me and my breakfast. "can we talk quickly outside" i dont hesitate in my answer for once "sure" Ricks eyes widen as he looks at me confused, he stays silent and sits back as he watches the two of us go outside.

"Ignore what Lori said, please, shes just being a bitch for no reason" He stands infront of me as i cross my arms and stare at him. "Yea whatever" i go to walk past him but he stops me. "Hey, dont like it effect you, shes trying to hurt you" he places both hands on my shoulders, but i dont hate it. "well tell her she succeeded" I push away and walk back in, placing myself opposite Rick. Neither of us say a word and I try my best to not make any eye contact.  "Whats going on?" He finally asks, I look up at him but before I could answer Maggie and Carol join the table "Hey you two" Carol smiles as they sit down. "What are we doing today Rick" Maggie asks while eating some meat. "Nothing planned today, do as you please" he smiles at her while direction his attention back to me. I get up from the table without saying a word and walk back to my cell where I lay in bed and read my book while dosing off back to sleep.

"Hey" I wake to Rick sitting on my bed with his hand on my head, pushing my hair back. "What are you doing in here?" I ask while sitting up and rubbing my eyes. "Youve been acting weird all morning and you went to talk to Shane, whats going on" I look at him while he stares at me with concern and genuine care, I cant lie to him. "I had a shower this morning, caught Shane and Lori in the changing room, I walked away, Shane asked me to not tell anyone and Lori" I stop my sentence and bite at my lip "And Lori what?" Rick places a hand on my leg. "Said I was getting fat basically" I throw myself back down on the bed. Rick stays silent while getting up and leaving my room but I didnt have the energy to chase him, hes a grown man that makes his own decisions. I lay on my bed with the cell door open and listen to Rick. 

"Lori" his voice echos through the prison. "What Rick" she asks as their voices now match tone. "Shes twenty fucking two" I hear more voices join the conversation. "Whats going on" I hear Maggie and Michonne ask. "What?" I hear her laugh at Rick, but i dont hear Shanes voice anywhere which is strange. "Shes tewnty fucking two and youre standing there calling her fat, shaming her, making her feel uncomfortable in her own skin" he shouts. "I didnt say that, your toy must be lying to you Rick" she snickers but Shane now joins in "yea you did Lori" I sit up in my bed to try and hear more, he never defends me. Everyone falls silent after Shanes comment. "You know youre a piece of shit when even Shane goes against you" are the final words to leave Ricks mouth.