chapter two.

(o2

(o2.) BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

It wasn't the smell of toast or the six-year-old crying that woke Juliet up that morning she had hoped would never come. But instead it was the pounding on her door and the voice of her older brother telling her to hurry up so he wouldn't be late.

Juliet put her pillow over her face, letting out a groan as she sat up. Today was the day. The day Juliet had to go back to school and hate it once again. Winter break was over and life was about to get a lot harder.

She could no longer hide away in her room and avoid her sister. She would have to hear the whispers once again of everyone around her, letting her know how loved her family was but not her.

But Juliet had been dealing with this her whole life, and she was used to it. Her best bet had always been to just lay low. Go unnoticed and stay where she belongs. It has been a process that works and one that will continue to work as long as she sticks to it.

Just stick to the plan and nothing can go wrong.

So that's exactly what she did. Breakfast came and Juliet sat quietly, barley listening as her brother Andrew talked about lacrosse or as Gwen talked about the new girl she'd be showing around the school.

She gave small responses to any question asked by her parents, allowing them to get back to their other children as Juliet finished her plate.

But being invisible grew very hard when her father, Eric, remembered something that was solely about Juliet. "We haven't seen Scott or Stiles around in a while. Do you still hang out with them?"

Juliet looked up slightly, just barely catching Gwens eye before she turned away from her sister with a nod. "Yeah. See them all the time." Juliets mother, Sarah, looked at her daughter now. "Really? When have you had the chance you've barely left your room all break."

Juliet bit her lip with a shrug. "I mean I'll see them today." Sarah nodded, eyebrows raised as she thought. "Okay, well, tell them hi for us. And let them know to come down for dinner soon."

Juliet sighed. "Okay."

Andrew put his fork down, standing up. "Okay, let's get going before we're all late." Juliet, silently thanking her brother, stood fast just as Gwen stood, the two ready to follow after their brother to his car.

He was a year older and for his sixteenth birthday had gotten a car, allowing the threes parents to no longer have to drive four kids.

Juliet grabbed her backpack, quietly following after Andrew and Gwen as they spoke about the new lacrosse season. Juliet didn't have much interest. The only people she even liked on the team never played so it wasn't like she had anyone to root for.