one.

TW // mention of trauma, abuse, violence, and drugs.

Note: I do switch back between using "I" and "You" when writing about the reader (you), I don't know which one to use so it'll be back and forth (:
— this is an AU where Nathan only ever pulled the gun out on Chole, but that happened before you came to Blackwell and it was solely because she wanted some weed. Also Nathan isn't involved with anything about Mr. Jefferson, and Rachel...well she's still missing.
———

I take a deep breath, slowly rising from my bed and stretching my arms out. Yawns and groans fall from my tired form, I take a minute to myself, scrolling on social media for a few, that poor Rachel Amber girl is still missing... I didn't have any classes today, which I'm grateful for because I would totally fall asleep in Ms. Grants class and she would scold me because of it but to be fair I've only done it three times. I've been here for about a few months, the town is nice, the beach seems fun. And then there's Two Whales diner with the amazing Joyce. She made me feel so welcomed and was always so sweet, I gave her a tip every time I've been there. Which as always, she declined, but I had always insisted. I groan once more while standing up then walking over to my closet to grab a flannel, I went to my dresser and snatched a pair of sweats. Then went to the drawer above and grabbed a black tank top. I changed and checked my phone to see Dana's name, you had met Dana on your first day and you two hit it off great. She was really sweet, there were times she was a bit annoying but that was only when she played incredibly loud pop music. I think it was either k-pop or just shitty pop, either way I didn't enjoy it. She texted you and asked you to join her at the diner for breakfast, I smiled and happily accepted. I'm really excited, I don't know why, maybe because this time it's going to be me and Dana and not just myself...

After getting dressed I brushed my hair then went to the bathroom to brush your teeth. I put my stuff away, slung my bag over my shoulder then I remembered I have some homework I need to turn in for Ms. Grant's class. I didn't feel like turning it in on monday so I went into the side door of the academy and roamed the halls until you reached her classroom. I peaked my head through the window to notice her peacefully grading papers, I knocked softly, she raised her head and sent you a gentle smile. She motioned her hand for you to come in, I opened the door "Uh hi Ms. Grant, sorry to disturb you but I finished the homework from Thursday and was hoping I could turn it it?" I said and smiled, her eyes go a bit wide "oh wow...you finished it already? Gosh it's not due till this Wednesday but go ahead knock yourself out..." she said as I set it in a small basket on her desk "you're on fire, I'm really impressed Y/n" the smile on my face grew and felt my cheeks turn pink from the small praise, I enjoyed the small praise from teachers, it made me feel good. I waved bye, turned on my heels and walked out while shutting the door behind me. I pulled your phone out to text Dana and explain I'd take a bit to get there, she said she understands and sent a smiley face.

You then bumped into someone and you fell so hard on your back and hit your head "oh fuck me" you mumble while rubbing your head, glancing up to see a guy glaring at you "I'm sorry, I should have seen where I'm going, I was just texting my friend back and-" you stopped yourself from rambling and grabbed your bag, using a wall to help you stand with your head pulsing. The boy had you pinned against the lockers, not psychically but he walked towards you so you had backed up until you hit the lockers. He slammed his fist next your head causing you to flinch "just like my dad" you whispered with a small scoff, not wanting to come off as too cocky, her voice hesitated a bit "S-shut the fuck up. Watch where you're going cunt, I could kill-" I moved under her arm and looked at her, her piercing blue eyes caught your e/c eyes, something in them softened. "Oh, you must be that one Prescott chick people are scared of. No wonder they walk on eggshells for you." You knew she was a bitch, you've heard all about it from Dana and Warren, as well as everyone else. "Glad to know they're right. You are an absolute asshole." You didn't care what you said anymore worst thing was is that she'd hit you. She stormed towards you "You don't know who the fuck I am or who you're even talking to!" She shouted as she grabbed your wrist, pushing you against lockers of the opposite side of the hall. You didn't want to fight back and give her what she wanted, a show for her to watch. Entertainment. Instead, you stared directly into her eyes "Well, you're pretty princess Natalie Prescott, daddy covers you while you get high off your ass. Sure your photography is good and it shows a side of you no one noticed...but you are so fucking rude. I don't give a shit if you want to hurt me or sue me, I just fucking knocked into you Natalie, calm down." She opened her mouth then closed it, her grip on your wrist got tighter and tighter "You don't know what the fu-" you cut her off "Trust me Prescott I have heard every goddamn thing about you, and may I say I am so very happy to know that they were right...Beating the shit out of Warren, hooking up with Taylor, Breaking Stella's glasses and ruining Dana's expensive ass dress with your shitty fucking alcohol. On purpose. Go ahead, say I don't know what I'm talking about. Now, I'm going to get a bruise on my wrist and people are going to ask what happened..." You pulled your arm back and rubbed it softly.

"Ya know I hoped you were nice underneath, that I could just understand how you were like this. But before I could possibly become friends with you, you treat me like shit..." you took a small deep breath "you are just like my dad" you muttered underneath your breath once more. Your father was abusive, both psychically and mentally, it went on for years. It ruined you, but you were able to go to Blackwell, your aunt drove you all the way here and while being at Blackwell you've gotten better, you stopped smoking so much. Tears fought to be let out but you held them back, you didn't want her of all people to know how badly this interaction is hurting you. You're reliving the trauma from your father, the same feeling of his rough hands gripping your small wrists. Her eyes flickered from your wrist before she grabbed your throat causing you to gasp loudly, banging your fist against the side of the locker in anger. Fuck, when will she let go? You felt your phone buzzing and buzzing in your pocket, Dana is worried now, it's been at least 15 minutes since you had first texted her. "You don't ever shut the fuck up do you?" Her voice was rough and loud, her blue eyes bored into yours "You honestly think you know me?" You nodded, she held your throat harder. You knew it was going to bruise, you had to make her let go of you "pl-" you inhale sharply and shakily "please-" that's when her fist made contact with your cheek, so close to your lower eye socket. You felt the sting and hissed, she let go of your throat and you gasped. Once you were on the ground she kicked your stomach hard, and I mean so hard you thought your liver was gonna come out of your throat...

Hyperventilating, you raised your head to look at het, those eyes looked at you in fear and her voice shook "y/n...I-I didn't- it just-" she tried to reach her hand out to you, you backed up and scrambled away. You pressed your hand against your stomach, trying to not breath so heavily "Don't t-touch me, did you not see what-" you coughed, blood dripped from the corner of your mouth "wh-what you've done?" you whispered hoarsely. She sighed heavily as tears poured from her gentle eyes "please y/n, I didn't- I'm so sorry- I'll pay for your medical bills, you want money? J-just name the price I promise I-I c-can get it for y-" "Fuck you and your money." You said wiping the corner of your mouth, then she ran her hand through her hair and backed up before running out of the door. Finally you managed to knock on the bottom of Ms. Grants door and she screamed once she saw your pale beat up body, dropping to her knees and holding you. It felt so nice, her warmth brought comfort. This wasn't the end, you could tell, and from what you learned in Health class and a lot of google searches when you were younger and still living with your father. There won't be any internal bleeding, she didn't kick you hard enough but there was bleeding and most definitely bruising. Luckily, you're good with concealer.

You opened your eyes, turned to my side and Ms. Grant sat beside you in the hospital "oh hey hun, how are you doing? do you need any water? uhh...jello?" She asked holding the little cup of jello. You raised your hand to your cheek and winced "th-thank you Ms. Grant for bringing me here but you should be at school, it's-it's saturday" you smiled and she sighed "well it's actually sunday, you were out cold from when they brought you into the hospital until now...you're going to be discharged today! Luckily it's going to just be a bad bruise, same with your ribs, and they checked you for any internal bleeding...you're going to be okay y/n" She said, you grabbed your phone and texted Dana asking her to pick you up "Also, I put my number in your phone, so please y/n do not be afraid to reach out to me. Also, no class for a couple days, I need you to rest..." she stood up and stretched a bit before continuing "then when you're ready I need to know who the hell did this to you" she smiled at you and took her purse before waving while walking out. Once Dana got there you had already signed your discharge papers "Oh my god y/n!" She ran up to you and hugged you instantly, you hugged her back with a smile "Alright, I'm so ready to go back to the dorms and just chill" you sighed and together you walked to her car and shoved your bag in the backseat.

The drive to Blackwell was full of loud pop and horrid singing from the both of you, until you had explained everything that happened "I swear if that dickhead comes anywhere near you I will kick her bitch ass and claw her hair out!" She shouted as she parked into the parking lot, you laughed softly "thanks Dana but we both know there's no way you're beating her up" we both bursted out with laughter while getting out of the car, "look if I saw him right now I'd kick her ass!" She threw her hands up in the air with a big smile. "I'll rough that bitch up for you" She playfully punched your arm before she told you everything will be okay. And you both decided to have a sleep over tomorrow since she was going to miss her classes to help you recover, when there's no helping this recovery. You two walked to your dorms with smiles on your faces, you walked slowly so your ribs didn't hurt so badly, someone shouted "Y/n! Wait!" You glanced back and felt your breath hitch.