four.

Note: here's some drama for you all, eat up. Also — CW: mention of old guys being on drugs and be approached by men in the dark! i'm not sure if that's triggering to some readers so i figured to give you a content warning.
———

You and Warren walked out of science and continued talking, casual video game talk, which games you don't like, what games are good to play on the road, good weapons, bad maps, etc etc. And of course which characters you wanted to try out in Super Smash Bros. All the nerdy talk. The halls were quiet, even Bitchtoria was quiet, that's so weird. She's usually bitching about something, hence the name you gave her, but I can hear Taylor whispering something to Victoria. "Why is everyone so silent?" You asked Warren "Uh I don't know...maybe some weird mind control thing? and we're the only two who weren't affected!" he made an exaggerated facial expression along with his arms out like a zombie, he smiled then he put his arms down after a few seconds and added "It could be because Natalie hasn't been here today? I mean she is sorta the queen of Blackwell..." Warren laughed softly, amused with himself. So it'd make sense!" It hit you, you haven't seen her since the parking lot which was earlier this morning. Maybe she just got overwhelmed or let herself sleep in and she didn't want to do anything today. Which is a good reason because god I can really relate to that, or maybe she went to do drugs? Who knows...Victoria spins on her heels, almost jumping with excitement as she locks eyes with you "oh fuck" you mumble, Warren cocks his head at you confused before glancing ahead. "Oh fuck indeed" he says quietly as Victoria walks up to us, "Little birdie told me you were fucking around with Natalie, so I'm here to tell you to back the fuck off. Plus you don't wanna do that to your boyfriend, do you?" Her eyes flicked up to Warren with a stupid smile "You don't want her to know you're a slut...I bet you just want to get into Natalie's pants..." She says, her voice making you want to just punch her until she shuts up. You sigh deeply and look at her "Oh my god...would you honestly shut the fuck up Victoria? I'm going to ram ALL of my fucking textbooks down that little birdie's throat...You're constantly harassing me and my friends, spreading rumors and for what? Fun?? Get the fuck out of my face and keep Prescott to yourself, I don't want her like that. Not for her money or sex. Come near me in my friends and I will fucking ruin you" A shocked expression on her face as you shove past her, Warren follows behind and you notice Natalie in the corner of your eye.

She was listening around the corner the whole time, she looked to be furious and somewhat sad from what was said. But you don't care, you stare straight ahead and keep walking until you push through the metal doors and end up in the parking lot. After 20 minutes of you and Warren freaking out over some new game updates he changed the subject "Hey y/n I have to go finish some homework for Ms. Hoida, she's super stoked about our creative writing stories...and I'm a little behind" He scratches the back of his neck and laughs softly "Oh okay, bye Warren! See you tomorrow" He waved to you before hurrying off. That was a little odd, even for Warren. You shake your head and walk over to his car, he doesn't mind, you scroll on your phone before deciding to light a cigarette, taking a few puffs of it. You can hear a faint familiar voice "Hey dipshit I'm fucking talking to you!" A hand is waved in front of you face, your eyes snap up to her face.

"Oh Prescott..." you mumble softly before putting your cigarette out "Didn't know you smoked..." she mumbled, staring down at your crushed cigarette on the ground "It's only a little bit, not a habit." You lied through your teeth, it definitely was becoming a habit, you had opened your dorm window so you can smoke and you always spray perfume afterwards. "Anyways, why are you here? Shouldn't you be with bitchtoria and listen about how I lit her bullshit on fire?" You smirk softly at the thought of her face so shocked, it made you feel good and proud of yourself for her to get a taste of her own medicine. "Come on, we're going to my truck, I'm taking you somewhere" she grabs your wrist harshly and starts tugging you, you wince and pull your arm back "goddamn it" you whisper rubbing your bruised wrist. "Oh shit I'm s- I-I didn't mean to hurt y-" you kept walking and blurted out an "I'm fine now let's go or whatever" she shoved her hands in her pockets and you both walked to the truck. She began to drive out of Blackwell "Hurry, duck down!" You were confused but by her tone she was serious so you just climbed onto the floor, then you can hear faint screaming "is that Madsen?" You ask her. She nods and eventually Madsen is successful with running after his truck because she stopped "where the hell do you think you're going Natalie?" He said, trying to peak into the truck, you laid low on the ground in the back seat. You could see his stupid security hat, it made you shiver because what if you got caught? What would he do? But before you could think anymore about it, Natalie drove off as fast as possible making Madsen yell more and slam his hat on the ground.

———

You crawled off of the floor, while Natalie drove she had to slam on the breaks because a father and his son were in the middle of the road trying to finish crossing, it made you almost lose your balance and fall. But Natalie's steady grip on your hip saved you from that painful fall "Are you okay? I didn't hurt you, did I?" She asked softly while she still holds your hip before letting go once you're in your seat. You nod "thank you Natalie..." you smile, she gave a faint smile back as a 'you're welcome' then continued to drive. You stare out the window, enjoying this soft comfortable silence between you two. Eventually you begin driving on a dirt road, trees on both sides of the road but you look towards Natalie, she looks so calm and collected. You can see the ocean, it looks so pretty with the sun almost setting. It's been a long day, and honestly you can't wait to go back to your dorms and sleep.

———

Then she parks and she starts walking, you get out of her truck and hurry after, you walk up to a lighthouse. The steep hill was worth walking up "Oh my god...this is so pretty" you said with a soft laugh at the end, you then heard the camera shutter. "Did you just take a picture of me?" You asked with your head titled to the side, she smiled sheepishly "yeah...maybe I'll submit it to the everyday hero's contest" she said, looking down at the camera, she looked to be so intrigued by your picture. "Let me see!" you said, she turned the camera towards you and you saw how beautiful you looked with the sun light against your skin. "You look so pretty y/n..." you felt your cheeks get hot, your mind blurred and filled with nothing but Natalie, "uh thank you" you said awkwardly while smiling at her. You sat there for about an hour or two, sharing short stories from your childhood and some secrets as if you were in middle school, "I'm actually really glad I came here..." you said softly, staring off into the dark horizon. "I'm glad I met you...but not in the way I wanted to..." she sighed and leaned back against the bench. Then once it got darker you and her walked back to her truck, you didn't really say anything, you didn't want to. You enjoyed the silence between you two, it was comforting, nothing awkward at all to be honest. She pulled into a gas station to get gas and you asked if she wanted anything, she handed you a $20 before you walked into the gas station, you glanced back and it looked like she was on the phone.

You walked around, grabbing *your favorite candy* and some m&m's for Natalie since that's what she mumbled to you, you than paid for everything and got back into her truck. You handed her the change along with her m&m's "Do you just want to fuck me?" She said, you turned to look at her in surprise "No Natalie, I genuinely like you, if I wanted to get into your pants I would have acted like a slut and thrown myself at you, I haven't done that, have I?" You said, she rolled her eyes "whatthefuckever" you then sighed "I'm going to walk back to my dorms, I'll see you later Prescott" you got out of her truck and began to walk off.  "Do you want money? Is that what you fucking want?" She yelled through the window of her truck but you kept walking on the sidewalk, your favorite candy in your hand and your bag on your shoulder. You sigh softly, almost making it to Blackwell but that's when some guys approach you, "sorry I d-don't have any money" you said assuming they wanted some money or something. "That's not what we're here for darlin' I'm afraid we want somethin' else..." A man steps forward letting the street light brighten his face to see how old and horrible he looks, it seems as if he's done some drugs. Which is probably true because a lot of guys around this age either have a successful job or just do a shit ton of drugs. Either way this doesn't look like it's going to end well. Fuck if only Natalie was here...