➪ | 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗻

—

Here I am, inside this fancy mansion filled with fancy people doing fancy things. I hate it here, I feel like I'm too poor to be standing here. Duh, I'm just a mere servant as Mina has always been reminding me.

Surprisingly, Mina begged me to stay. Being the big introvert she was, she felt extremely uncomfortable. And yeah, I stayed because I felt bad for her.

We both stood awkwardly somewhere in the corner besides a tall, circular table with a small flower pot in the middle. I was sipping my glass of juice since I had no intention of being tipsy while Mina elegantly sip her red wine.

Her parents were a few feet away, chatting amongst other adults after giving us a small greeting upon our arrival. It was honestly so awkward once we arrived; Mina's family was widely known as successful business owners and of course, their daughter being the next and only heiress of their company, she was known as well.

Here's how it went earlier:

The commotion we heard inside before we entered halted once they saw another guest has arrived. Myoui Mina, daughter of the famous Myoui couple. Her aura radiated elegance despite the not-so-noticeable awkward stance she had.

"My my, looking beautiful as always, Mina." A middle aged woman complimented and she replied with a smile, probably forced.

"Mina! The heiress of Myoui Corp., glad to see you here!" Some dude beamed, walking towards Mina, giving the back of her hand a kiss. I swear I saw her eye twitch, I suppressed my laughter with a snort.

And some other nonesense greeting that I didn't bother listening to, along with hugs and those weird 'cheek kisses' whatever they're called that rich people do.

I could see a few men in their twenties eyeing the girl with interest, one guy nudged his friend while smiling cheekily. They're probably up to no good.

And cut, back to the present.

The two men from earlier caught my attention as they slightly pushed one another, heading towards our direction. I glanced at Mina who stayed unbothered, well this is nothing new to her.

Once they finally got to where we are, the guy with his hair slicked back scratched his nape. "U-uh hey, Mina," he awkwardly waved while Mina just arched a brow.

"You need anything?" She asked, her tone laced with disinterest as she sipped her wine.

"W-well yeah... You, I mean," he cleared his throat, "would you mind if we spend some time and chat?"

"We are chatting." She flatly said, making me choke slightly on my juice. His expression is so damn funny it makes me wanna laugh so bad but I held it in.