➪ | 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆'𝘀 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿

—

The party was still going, with people back to where they were before the dancing shenanigan. I'm still in the same position, watching the two converse and laugh.

Now I remember who he was, the son of the hosts, Ryuta, and most importantly; Mina's childhood crush. Not sure if she still likes him but by the looks of it, maybe.

I scoffed at the sight of them being all giddy and giggles. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect me, but it's making me feel really lonely and more out of place. I kinda wish Jeongyeon was with me right now so I can talk to her.

I decided to phone Jeongyeon to pass some time in this boring social event. "What's up Jeong!" I smiled widely.

"Heyo Y/NN~ How's the party?" She asked while I heard a soft thud on her end.

"Ugh, boring. I don't get how rich people find these kind of stuff fun," I scowled, "anyway I hope I'm not disturbing you?"

"Oh nah, I just finished mopping," oh that explains the thud, "right now, I'm just resting. What made you call me?"

"Because," I whined, "I'm so bored and lonely and yeah I miss talking to you~" I smiled widely even though she couldn't see me.

There was a brief pause before I heard a response, "O-okay... but we always talk!" A giggle came from her end and oh my God it was adorable and contagious. "What's young miss doing?"

"Err well yaknow..." my voice trailed off as I thought of something to say, "doing rich people stuff I guess?"

"Ah!" she laughed, "so that's actually why you called me, you're all left out huh?"

"I also wanted to talk to my bestfriend, of course," I beamed.

"Yeah... Ahaha. Anyway, the housekeeper is asking me to do some other stuff so I gotta go. Best of luck to you, Y/NN~" She said before she ended the call.

Aww man, now I'm back to just staring at people hang out with other people. I sulked and downed some more orange juice.

My eyes went wide and I almost spat out my juice after seeing what happened in front of me and my damn juice: the Ryuta guy giving Mina a kiss on the cheek. Not just that, I saw her blush even deeper and didn't seem to mind it.

Out of impulse, I walked towards them since the drinks were near them and accidentally stepped on the guy's foot. I heard him wince and Mina looked at me, her eyes asking what my problem is.

"Sorry," I sheepishly apologized, as if I meant it and carried on with my way to the drinks.

Once I got enough orange juice, I walked back and my clumsy ass— actually on accident this time— tripped slightly on air, some of my juice splashing on the guy's tuxedo.

"Crap, I'm so sorry!" I panicked knowing that tuxedo was expensive and the money I have in my account is probably not enough to pay for the damage.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Y/N?!" Mina growled, making me flinch.

"It's okay, Mina, I'm sure she didn't mean it." Ryuta coaxed and tried calming the angered Mina down.

I lowered my head in shame, the pressure of some people staring getting onto me. I don't like the feeling of that, it makes me anxious. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes out of embarrassment. I walked out of the place to breathe some fresh air.

"Gosh I feel like a wuss," I muttered to myself as I breathed in and out, a few sniffs here and there.

I decided that it was too suffocating being inside and wandered around, admiring the night sky filled with stars.

While walking, my mind started to wander, 'What is Ryuta to Mina now?' I frowned at the thought, even just mentioning his name in my mind. 'Why should I even care?'

My train of thoughts were interrupted when it suddenly started raining hard. I looked around for a place to take shelter in and found none, and I certainly do not wanna go back inside that mansion, especially now that I look like a wet rat.

Either way, I ran towards the mansion and stood outside to take cover. I shivered, feeling the wetness of my blazer. Yep, I'm definitely drenched from head to toe.

Minutes passed and people started to flow outside, staying under the roofed area, indicating that the party was over. Once their ride came, they went inside.

I took that as my cue to fetch the car from where it was parked, driving near the entrance. Even though I didn't wanna head inside, I still had to get the young miss, so I headed inside with the pair of shoes I brought in my hand along with some bandaid and ointment that I keep with me.

After looking around, I saw the Ryuta guy walking towards where I was with a smiling Mina besides him. They didn't seem to notice me, not that I mind.

"I had fun," the guy said while smiling softly, "I hope to see you again, Mina."

Mina nodded and reciprocated the smile, "Me too, I'll be heading out now. Take care Ryuta," The guy went somewhere, I don't know where. She was about to fish her phone from her purse but then she saw me standing in front of her, eyes a little wide.

"What in the hell happened to you?"

"Rain," I simply said and walked towards her. I grabbed her arm and directed her towards a nearby chair.

She didn't seem to protest but was rather curious with what I was going to do since she saw the stuff I was holding. I kneeled down, placing the shoes beside me.

"Give me your feet," I commanded earning a questioning look from Mina. I didn't have much energy to explain so I grabbed it carefully.

"Tsk," I clicked my tongue after removing her heels. I saw blisters forming as I expected. I caressed the blisters and felt Mina wince.

"Sorry, I'll be gentle," I applied ointment to the blisters and blew on it gently before placing some bandaids. Same for the other foot.

"I hope my shoes aren't too big for you," I mumbled. If you were wondering, yes, I'm around ten centimeters taller than Mina. I gently placed her feet inside my shoes.

"Thanks..." I looked up and saw Mina's glistening, soft eyes, filled with sincerity. It made me smile.

After I was done tending her blisters, I removed my drenched blazers and gave it to Mina, "I'm sorry I don't have an umbrella with me so I hope this will help a little," I then turned around with my hands behind, gesturing for her to hop on.

"What are you waiting for?" I turned my head to face her and caught a glimpse of her red tinted cheeks with a hesitant look. "We don't have all night."

Her arms slowly wrapped around my neck and once I felt that she was ready, I carefully hoisted her up, her legs around my waist as my arms supported her weight.

"Sorry again, you might start to feel cold since I'm all drenched," I apologized.

"It's okay..." she mumbled, her hot breath fanning my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

Mina covered us with my blazer until we reached the car. I gently lowered myself after opening the backseat. After she's inside, I went to the driver's seat and saw her face in the rear view mirror.

It was quite odd, she had this guilty look on her face and I wondered what it was for, but I shrugged it off. The rest of the night remained silent until we reached her home.