Chapter 29: Reginald Peters, I Love You

I looked at my watch, "Wow it's getting late," as if on cue I yawned.

"Aw come on CC!" Alex whined.

"Yeah!" Luke joined in, "we haven't even figured out our totally awesome plan yet!"

Julie giggled, "He's got a point Y/N."

I groaned, "But Jules... it's 10 o'clock!"

Flynn was at the door and put her hand on her hip, "Since when did you become an old lady and not a teenager?"

We all started busting out laughing. I guess she had a point, but my parents would be wondering where I went because I kind of didn't tell them.

"Come on guys," Reggie stepped in, "we can plan tomorrow. She's cranky when she's sleepy."

I playfully hit his arm, "I am not!"

Reggie grabbed my hand and started walking towards the door, I waved goodbye to everyone and we exited with Luke having a disappointed look on his face.

When we arrived at my house, my parent's cars still weren't there which was odd, but now that I think about it the cars weren't there when we had left. I hadn't seen my parents since yesterday and that was weird.

I wanted to double check so when we walked in the front door I asked Reg, "My parent's cars weren't here when we left right?"

He thought for a second. "No, they weren't here when we came home earlier either."

He was right, they hadn't been here wait- "Did you just say home?"

A little bit of red flushed over his cheeks, "Well yeah..." he rubbed the back of his neck. "It doesn't really matter where I am Y/N Y/L/N, I am home wherever I am when I'm with you."

I could feel the heat start to overwhelm my face. We were only standing a few feet away from each other, so I closed the gap with a hug that had a little jump right before so he caught me and wrapped me up in his arms.

"Reginald Peters, I love you," I whispered while I buried my face deeper into his neck.

He held me tighter and spoke into my hair, "I know... I love you too."

He slowly put me down and cupped my face with both hands. He placed his forehead softly against mine and started to sing.

(I thought this song was fitting)

I could feel the burning of tears. He wiped them away. That is in fact what he does. He's my shoulder to cry on. He's my protector. He's my movie-watching buddy. He's my safe place. He is my home.

"Did you write that Reg?"

He just looked at me for a second, "Yeah... I did."

I let out a breath and smiled, "That was beautiful."

I stood on my tip-toes so I could reach his lips and demolished the few inches between them. This kiss was not like the others we had shared. This one felt like he needed me and I needed him. Not in a sexual way, because I want to wait until I'm married, but this felt like we had been waiting out whole (after)lives to feel this type of love and now we finally do. It feels as if our souls are attached... we just might be soulmates if there is such thing in the cruel world that we live in today.

My stomach growled and I realized I'd bought the snack cakes, but I hadn't eaten today... that was weird considering I used to never skip meals. I let go of Reggie's irresistible hug and twirled my way over to the kitchen to get a late night snack. I looked on the counter and realized the snack cakes were right where I had left them and I saw a piece of paper underneath and placed the cakes to the side.

It was my mom's handwriting.
"Since your dad and I are off work tomorrow we decided to get the party started early for our anniversary. We are at a club.
I love you, Mom <3"

"Weird," I said, forgetting I wasn't alone.

"What?"

He nearly made me jump. "Just this letter from my mom," I handed it to him.

It took him a couple minutes until he finally spoke, "Yeah... that is weird. Tell them I said happy anniversary when they get home!"

"Yeah... I guess I can do that for you Reg," I wasn't hungry anymore. I knew the note had said that they were at a club but it was very unlike my mom to just say a club and not the specific one. I have this horrible feeling that they're in danger and they need help, but that would sound crazy right? I mean they did leave a note...

"Y/N?" Reg waved a hand in front of my face.

I nearly jumped again, "Sorry! What?"

"Nothing you just zoned out with a concerned look on your face."

"I want to tell you what I'm feeling, just don't think I'm crazy... okay?"

He nodded and sat down.

"I honestly might be insane Reg, but I have this awful feeling that they're in trouble. I know the note said that they were at a club, but something doesn't feel right. They have always told me where they were going and now she just says 'a club' like I'm supposed to know where to call if I'm in any trouble. I'm scared Reggie."

He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me and started soothingly petting my hair, "Shhh it's okay they'll be home. You're just overthinking or something."

I looked at him, "I know."

"Let's go watch a movie! Any movie you want!"

I thought for a second, then I gasped, "You haven't seen the Twilight movies!"

He looked at me with a very confused look, "The what?"

I grabbed his hand firmly and dragged him upstairs to my room and started the movie.

"You have a lot of catching up to do," I chuckled.