Talk of The Truth

Andrea sat away from Asher as the doctor inspected him. Examining the burns and the stitches that still had a matter of time before they healed. "Have you attempted walking recently?" the doctor attempted conversation, "I have, yesterday. Andrea helped me out however even after a few steps my side begins to hurt". "Don't worry Asher it's natural, within the next week or so the pain should diminish greatly" he stood up straight, "I also believe that you're ready to head home, I'll be giving you guys the discharge papers and then you will be free to leave".

"Oh, and before I forget: Andrea" her head shot up to her name, "This is the medication he has to take. It will help the healing process, I recommend for him to take one now before attempting to walk" Andrea smiled, "Got it, thank you".

Andrea walked over with a water bottle and the pill case, "That smile was fake" Asher said, "It makes me look like I'm being polite; medications suck but you will be taking it". Asher sat up on the edge of his bed, "I know they do, but they help so I'm hoping you're taking yours" Andrea chuckled under her breath as she handed him the pill.

Asher took the pill into his mouth before swallowing it down with the water, "You should get changed up before he comes back in. Ryker gave me this shirt and sweatpants, put it on before the doctor comes back in".

Andrea turned around as Asher quickly put on the white shirt and amy green pants. Asher sat back down as Andrea turned back around to notice him clenching his side. "Are you ok?" Andrea placed her hand on his. His breath hitched as she kept her hand there, "It just hurts, that's it". Andrea slowly moved his shirt away and noticed the scald worsening, "We'll ask the doctor, maybe a bandage will also help".

The doctor came back in to see Andrea looking at his burn. Papers in hands he placed them down and walked over, "Is everything ok?". "His burn is bothering him, he only stood up and now it's causing him some pain". The doctor took over Andrea's position as she sat down next to him.

"His burn is getting worse, however it is expected. We will give you guys ointment to soothe the sensation and I recommend lotion and aloe vera" he then stepped out and within the next minute he was back in.

He asked Asher to lay down as he carefully applied the ointment to the burn. Asher's face twisted in slight discomfort as Andrea carefully watched. "It will sting but stay here for an extra minute and then you can leave". Andrea thanked the doctor, he replied with a soft smile, "I wish you all well times" and with that he left the room.

Andrea grabbed the medication and ointment; placing them into the bag. "Come on Asher" Andrea said after a few minutes "let's get you home". Asher smiled, she grabbed his waist gently, avoiding the burn on his side.burn on his side. "Are you feeling any discomfort? "Andrea asked before continuing. "Don't worry Andrea, I can't feel my side, I think the medication numbs the feeling" Asher reassured.

Andrea provided Asher with support, her arm was wrapped around his waist as they both slowly walked to the front of the hospital. Ryker we are here, where are you guys?... We are nearly there hang tight.

"Asher sit on this bench, there should be here soon" Andrea assisted him as he limped over to the bench.
"Andy I'm fine, really, I don't feel anything" Andrea pushed him into the chair despite his protest. Many people from the apartment chaos were walking around and getting into their own rides. Some were discussing their own circumstances. No call has been made from the apartment and what will happen to the residents.

"Just because you don't feel anything doesn't mean that you aren't hurt" Andrea sat down next to him as he leaned his head on her shoulder. "You seem tired" Andrea assumed as she brushed back his hair, "I am, but all is well".

"Come on you two lovebirds, move it or lose it!" The sound of the voice made them both giggle and Andrea stood up. She grabbed their tote bag and helped Asher's to his feet. A few of the Maron's were in the car who accompanied their mother waving joyously outside the car. Asher and Andrea looked at each other laughing before she helped him into the back seat. "You got me into this mess" Andrea spoke in a dramatic way before shutting the door.